[AISWorld] CFP: 10th Global Sourcing Workshop, 16-19 February 2016, France

Kotlarsky, Julia j.kotlarsky at aston.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 04:15:38 EDT 2015

The 10th Global Sourcing Workshop
16-19 February 2016
Val d’Isere, France

Following the success of the past Global Sourcing Workshops, we are pleased to release this Call for Papers for the 10th Global Sourcing Workshop which will be held February 16-19, 2016 in Val d’Isere, France.

The workshop will aim to explore how new and emerging forms of outsourcing and offshoring challenge sourcing practices and theories, and consequently identify new directions for research and practice. This workshop aims to bring together viewpoints from various disciplines, including IB, Strategy, OM, OB and IS on global sourcing of IT, Business Services and Innovation. We also focus on teaching aspects related to outsourcing and offshoring with fast track for publishing high quality teaching cases in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/index.html>.

Paper Track

We invite research articles, work in progress and ‘focus on practice’ papers that investigate topics relating to global outsourcing and offshoring. In particular, the workshop will endeavour to present the views from client, supplier and advisory viewpoints, from strategic, operational and social perspectives. Some of the specific themes that are of interest in this workshop are:

  *   New and emerging sourcing models, cloud-services, crowdsourcing, impact sourcing
  *   Sourcing decision making
  *   Sourcing configurations (multi-sourcing, bundle services, etc.)
  *   Supplier and client capabilities and competences
  *   Contractual and relational governance
  *   Captive (in-house) and shared service centres
  *   Backsourcing/re-shoring
  *   Knowledge-intensive services and innovation in outsourcing/offshoring
  *   Cultural and social aspects of sourcing practice
  *   Emerging topics and concepts in sourcing

We are interested in papers that are both conceptual and empirically-based.

Teaching Cases Track

We are interested in teaching cases on outsourcing and offshoring which we would consider for publication in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/index.html> (JITTC).

Please note that a small conference venue has been reserved with guaranteed attendance restricted to those having papers accepted for presentation. Participants need to book early to secure reserved accommodation at the conference location or other rooms nearby. See full details on our website:http://www.globalsourcing.org.uk/workshop

Since 2010 we have been publishing selected papers as book chapters in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing<http://www.springer.com/series/7911> (by Springer<http://www.springer.com/>). It is likely that we will publish another book based on the papers from this Workshop. Furthermore, selected papers will be invited to submit a revised version of their paper to be considered for publication in Journal of Information Technology<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jit/index.html> and high quality teaching cases in  JITTC<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/index.html>.

Important Dates:

·   September 14th 2015 – Deadline to submit extended abstracts/teaching proposals to the Workshop on Global Sourcing
·   October 2nd 2015 - Notification of accepted extended abstracts/teaching proposals
·   Registration deadline: November 1st 2015 (Registration fees will be 300 EUR per person which include a reception and 2 dinners.)
·   December 11th 2015 – Deadline to submit full papers/teaching cases to the Workshop on Global Sourcing
·   February 1st 2016 – Reviews sent to authors
February 16-19, 2016 – Workshop on Global Sourcing, Val d’Isere, France
Paper Track: Extended abstracts should be between 600-800 words and should include contact details of all authors.
Teaching Track: Proposals for teaching cases should be between 600-800 words and include the teaching case outline and learning objectives. For teaching cases, the submission of full teaching case and teaching notes will be required.

All submissions should be sent in MS Word format to: theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com<mailto:theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com> with 'Abstract submission GSW 2016' as the subject of the e-mail.
For preparation of full papers please follow Guidelines for Authors posted on the Workshop site:http://www.globalsourcing.org.uk/workshop/guidelines/

Important Links
Information about Val d’Isere: http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/en/page/valdisere/accueil

Workshop Organizers: