[AISWorld] SIGGreen Pre-ICIS 2015 Workshop: Extended Deadline

Seidel Stefan Stefan.Seidel at uni.li
Tue Oct 6 03:39:04 EDT 2015

Dear all,

Due to a number of requests, we've extended the deadline for submitting extended abstracts until Friday, October 9.

Please note that the workshop is also open for those who are not (yet) members of SIGGreen.

Greetings,

Chadi Aoun (Carnegie Mellon University)
Helena Karsten (Åbo Akademi University)
Stefan Seidel (University of Liechtenstein)

Call for Papers
SIGGreen Pre-ICIS 2015 Workshop

Workshop Theme: Exploring Greener Frontiers Through IS

SIGGreen is the AIS Special Interest Group on Green Information Systems. SIGGreen provides a platform for those in our discipline who are concerned with how information systems can help reduce human impact on the natural environment - perhaps the greatest challenge of our time.  SIGGreen recognizes that the Information Systems (IS) discipline can have a central role in creating an ecologically sustainable society  because of the field's five decades of experience in designing, building, deploying, evaluating, managing, and studying information systems to resolve complex problems (SIGGreen Statement on Environmental Change, https://siggreen.wikispaces.com/The+Statement-Manifesto).

The SIGGreen Pre-ICIS 2015 workshop is the annual meeting of SIGGreen. The workshop provides a forum that accounts for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain. The workshop is also open to non-members of SIGGreen.

We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. Empirical (qualitative and quantitative) studies as well as design-oriented research and conceptual papers on theory development will be considered.

Interested authors submit extended abstracts which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Prior to the workshop, a virtual meeting will be held to give those a chance to participate who cannot attend the actual pre-ICIS workshop. After the pre-ICIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper incorporating feedback from both the virtual event and the workshop. Authors must thus participate in either the virtual event or the workshop or (ideally) both. Workshop papers will be published as working papers on Sprouts (http://aisel.aisnet.org/sprouts/).

Besides presenting and discussing workshop papers, we will also revisit the past years of SIGGreen, discuss its future prospects, and explore ways of how SIGGreen members can effectively collaborate on their research endeavors. We are happy to announce a keynote on "The Digitization of Capital: Implications for Green IS" by Richard T. Watson, Regents Professor and the J. Rex Fuqua Distinguished Chair for Internet Strategy in the Department of MIS at the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business. There may also be an opportunity for the publication of a workshop report.

Information about the workshop will be updated at https://siggreen.wikispaces.com.

Workshop Location
Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America

Important Dates
- 09 October 2015 (EXTENDED):           Submission of extended abstracts to: stefan.seidel at uni.li<mailto:stefan.seidel at uni.li>
- 12 October 2015:           Notification of acceptance
- 17 November 2015:       Virtual event (optional)
- 13 December 2015:        Workshop
- 08 January 2016:            Submission of full workshop papers for publication on Sprouts

Formatting Requirements for Full Workshop Papers
- Maximum length: 12 pages
- Template will be made available at https://siggreen.wikispaces.com

Preliminary Schedule
09.00 - 09.15 Morning Coffee
09.15 - 09.30 Welcome
09.30 - 11.00 Paper Session
11.00 - 11.30 Coffee Break
11.30 - 13.00 Paper Session
13.00 - 13.30 Boxed Lunch
13.30 - 14.30 Keynote by Richard T. Watson: "The Digitization of Capital: Implications for Green IS"
14.30 - 16.00 Panel on the Future of SIGGreen

Workshop Co-Chairs
Chadi Aoun
Carnegie Mellon University
chadi at cmu.edu<mailto:chadi at cmu.edu>