[AISWorld] AMCIS 2016 Human-Computer Interaction Track - Call for Mini-Track Proposals - Deadline is tomorrow, October 19

Aguirre-Urreta, Miguel miguel.aguirre-urreta at ttu.edu
Sun Oct 18 11:13:08 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder that the deadline for mini-track proposal submissions for the AMCIS 2016 HCI Track is tomorrow, October 19. Please see the original call below.

Best regards,

Miguel

The AMCIS 2016 HCI Track is seeking mini-track proposals for AMCIS 2016, which will be held August 11 - 13, 2016 in San Diego. We had a very successful track in AMCIS 2015 in Puerto Rico with over 35 submissions and are looking forward to another great conference. This past AMCIS we had mini-tracks on Interface Design, Evaluation and Impact, Personalization Technologies and Impacts, Negative Cognitions about Information Systems, HCI Issues in Mobility, Trust, Privacy and Risk in Information Systems, and Design, Evaluation, and Implications of Online Communication Technologies. These and any other HCI-related topics are welcome.

Please see below for a description of the track and important dates. For more information on the conference itself please visit the AMCIS 2016 website at http://amcis2016.aisnet.org/.

Track Description:

The AMCIS 2016 HCI Track will provide a forum for AIS members to present, discuss and explore a wide range of issues related to Human-Computer Interaction and Information Systems. Human Computer Interaction (HCI) is an interdisciplinary area that has attracted researchers, educators, and practitioners from several disciplines. It essentially deals with the design, evaluation, adoption, and use of information technology, with a common focus on improved user performance and experience. New and exciting research opportunities are emerging, including issues and challenges concerning people’s interactions with various information technologies that can be examined from an organizational, managerial, psychological, social, or cultural perspective. This track welcomes papers that aim at advancing our understanding of human‐computer interaction at the individual, work group, organization, or society levels. Submissions may use any type of research method.

Important Dates:

September 22, 2015: Manuscript Central opens for Mini-track submissions
October 19, 2015:  Mini-track submissions are due
October 28, 2015:  Mini-track decisions are complete

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We would also be happy to provide feedback on any ideas you are considering submitting as a mini-track proposal.

Looking forward to your submissions! Apologies for any cross-posting.

Miguel, Greg and Dezhi (co-Track Chairs)

Miguel I. Aguirre-Urreta (Texas Tech University, miguel.aguirre-urreta at ttu.edu<mailto:miguel.aguirre-urreta at ttu.edu>)
Greg Moody (University of Nevada - Las Vegas, gregory.moody at unlv.edu<mailto:gregory.moody at unlv.edu>)
Dezhi Wu (Southern Utah University, wu at suu.edu<mailto:wu at suu.edu>)

Miguel I. Aguirre-Urreta, PhD
Assistant Professor
Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences
Rawls College of Business