[AISWorld] CFP "Openness and IT" at ECIS 2016

Daniel Schlagwein schlagwein at unsw.edu.au
Wed Oct 28 17:11:26 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your work to the track on "Openness
and IT" at ECIS 2016. The submission deadline is Nov 27, 2015.

http://www.ecis2016.eu/en/

http://www.ecis2016.eu/files/downloads/Tracks/T24.pdf

A short description track: (see above link for a full track description on
the ECIS 2016 website).

Over the past decade, “open” phenomena enabled by information technology
(IT) have received an increasing amount of interest from Information
Systems (IS) researchers. Such interest can be seen in workshops (e.g., the
ECIS 2015 Workshop on Open Research and Practice in IS), conferences (e.g.,
OpenSym 2015), conference tracks (e.g., at ECIS, PACIS, AMCIS and HICSS),
journal special issues (e.g., JAIS on open innovation) and the recent
formation of an AIS Special Interest Group on Open Research and Practice
(AIS SIGOPEN). We understand “openness” broadly in terms of the
accessibility of knowledge, the transparency of action and the permeability
of organizational structures. Openness can be both a driver and result of
new IT. The many forms of openness have significant implications for
individuals, organizations and societies. (…)

We invite theoretical, empirical and applied research papers that will
significantly contribute to our understanding of openness in the context of
IT: its manifestations, antecedents and, most critically, its impact on
individuals, organizations and society. We welcome and encourage
submissions from researches using diverse methodological and
epistemological approaches. Although all aspects of IT-enabled openness are
of interest, the interplay and relationship between IT and openness should
be central to the submissions (rather than providing only the background
for studies of general business strategy or social behaviour).

Topics of interests include but are not limited to:

· Open business (e.g., open business models, open ecosystems/value networks)

· Open capital (e.g., crowdfunding, crowdequity, cryptocurrencies)

· Open innovation (e.g., crowdsourcing, distributed innovation,
product/service co-creation)

· Open platforms (e.g., open APIs, open content, open data)

· Open production (e.g., open source software, open hardware, maker/hacker
culture)

· Open scholarship (e.g., open/citizen science, open access, open
education/MOOCs)

· Open society (e.g., participatory culture, open government, crowd-driven
social change)

· Other topics involving IT-enabled systems of collective action,
creativity, intelligence or resources or the abstract concept of “openness”.

Kind regards,

Daniel Schlagwein, Joe Feller and Kieran Conboy

UNSW profile <https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/our-people/danielschlagwein>
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268819643_Organizational_Learning_with_Crowdsourcing_The_Revelatory_Case_of_LEGO>
 | Internet startups & social capital (ISJ)
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277258935_Business_Model_Development_Founders%27_Social_Capital_and_the_Success_of_Early_Stage_Internet_Start-Ups_A_Mixed-Method_Study?ev=prf_pub>
*Dr. Daniel Schlagwein* | Lecturer
UNSW Australia Business School
Quadrangle 2114, UNSW Sydney 2052
Telephone: +61293856487 | Fax: +61293854461 | Web: www.asb.unsw.edu.au
[image: UNSW Business] <http://www.asb.unsw.edu.au/>This email is intended
only for the use of the individual named above and may contain information
that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not
necessarily the views of UNSW Australia Business School. Before opening any
attachments please check them for viruses and defects. CRICOS Code: 00098G