[AISWorld] Assistant Professor Position in Information Systems at IESE Business School

Robert Gregory rwgregory at iese.edu
Thu Oct 29 04:46:48 EDT 2015

IESE Business School - Information Systems Department

The Information Systems department at IESE Business School is recruiting
for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level starting
September 2016. We are looking for a candidate with a potential to conduct
high impact-high quality research and teach in a challenging international
environment at the MBA and executive levels.

IESE Business School is currently ranked #1 in the world for Executive
Education by the Financial Times and has been consistently ranked in the
global top 10 for MBA and executive programs. The school has campuses in
Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, New York, and São Paulo. The Information Systems
Department and the current position are based in Barcelona. For more
information about the school, visit www.iese.edu.

Research conducted by the department faculty focuses on the broad theme of
digital transformation. Specific topics include the impact of
digitalization on business models, digital innovation, digital
infrastructure design, IoT and big data, crowdsourcing, consumerization, as
well as organizational challenges in managing digital transformation.

Department faculty have published in leading academic and practitioner
outlets such as Management Information Systems Quarterly, Information
Systems Research, MIT Sloan Management Review, European Journal of
Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems,
Communications of the ACM, and more.

We seek individuals who can strengthen and extend the research focus of the
group. Cross-departmental and interdisciplinary research projects are also
common and highly encouraged. For more information about the current IESE
faculty and their research, see

http://www.iese.edu/en/faculty-research/

IESE Business School is committed to general management perspective and,
therefore, our teaching focuses on business rather than technical aspects
of digital and information technologies. The case method underlies the
teaching philosophy of the school and an ideal candidate will have the
desire and capability to master the art and science of discussion-based
learning.

Qualifications: A doctorate degree in management information systems or
related field must be completed or near completion. We will also consider
applicants with a doctorate degree in any business discipline or economics
if their research has a strong emphasis on digital technology and its
impact on people, organizations, and markets.

Application Instructions: We will be conducting interviews at the ICIS
conference in December. If you are interested, please submit application
via email to Ms. Chelo Gonzalez at cgonzalez at iese.edu. The application
should include a cover letter, a CV with the names of three referees, a job
market paper, and a link to further samples of your research.

--
Robert W. Gregory
Assistant Professor, Information Systems Department