[AISWorld] Call for Papers - 2nd annual Ethics Conference - Las Vegas, NV - March 2016

Craft, Jana JCraft at winona.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:25:47 EDT 2015

CALL FOR PAPERS
* 2nd Annual Ethics Conference *
March 29, 2016 - LAS VEGAS, USA
Papers submission deadline: January 15, 2016
http://ethics-conference.org<http://ethics-conference.org/>
The Ethics Conference
As information and communication technologies permeate our lives, ethics and the ethical considerations of our actions become important. This is particularly important in light of how we interact with technology and how it allows us to interact with each other. In many ways, central to all communication is our ability to maintain and sustain ethical relationships, within and beyond the confines of an enterprise. The Ethics Conference aims to generate a dialogue around these topics and is part of the Vegas Conferences, which are organized by the Information Institute.

Topic areas

Technology has become so integrated in society, examining ethical issues surrounding technology can be challenging. Whether it is social networking or simple email updates, it is important to examine the ethical implication of right and wrong, legal and ethical, acceptable and unacceptable aspects of using information. Because ethics reaches into every function within an organization, we invite a wide range of papers within business ethics.

Topics encouraged, but not limited to:

*         Ethical business culture/decision-making

*         Ethics and the Internet

*         Ethics and data mining

*         Ethics and privacy

*         Codes of ethics and conduct

*         Ethics training and education

*         Cybersecurity and ethics

Participation can be in the following categories (but not limited to):

Industry Participants: If you have an interesting story to share we welcome your participation. We can guarantee an engaging participation from the floor where you can discuss and talk freely about your experiences. Please submit a title for your presentation, a few lines describing your topic area and a brief biographical note (about a 100 words). If you agree, we will video record your presentation and make it available for a wider audience. If you rather not be recorded, we understand. Requirement: Please submit via our submission system. Upon acceptance, you will be required to register for the conference.

Academic Participants: We encourage you to submit an abstract, a full paper, a research note, or a case study. There are three modes of submission. You can decide which one works best for you. Please format the paper as per APA: http://www.apastyle.org

1.       Traditional Peer Review Submissions. In this submission mode you are simply uploading your paper into our conference submission system. The length of the paper can be anywhere between 5,000 and 10,000 words. A double blind peer review will be performed. Publishing opportunity: All submissions are considered for possible fast tracking to the European Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Information System Security, Information and Computer Security. If your paper is not fast tracked, you can still publish in an edited book.

2.       Abstract/Extended Abstract Submissions. If you are simply presenting an idea to generate some discussion and enter into a discourse, you can submit an abstract (100 words) or an extended abstract (up to 1000 words).

3.       Case Studies. We particularly welcome cyber security case studies that document a breach. The length of the paper can be anywhere between 5,000 and 10,000 words.

Papers submission deadline: January 15, 2016. Papers are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Early submission is encouraged.

Notification of acceptance: All decisions are emailed by February 15, 2016

Final version of papers: March 1, 2016 (please use this Template<http://www.security-conference.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2015Template.docx>)

Ethics Conference Program Chair

Jana Craft, Ph.D

Winona State University

Winona, Minnesota, USA

jcraft at winona.edu<mailto:jcraft at winona.edu>

[E-event logo]

Jana Craft, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Business Administration/Human Resources
Winona State University
P.O. Box 5838
Winona, MN 55987
504-457-2484