[AISWorld] Postdoc opportunities at MIT Sloan Initiative on the Digital Economy

George Westerman georgew at mit.edu
Sun Nov 15 15:39:52 EST 2015

The MIT Sloan School of Management is looking for a few highly qualified candidates to join us as postdoctoral associates in our Initiative on the Digital Economy.   Here are the details:

Position

Full-time Post Doctoral Associate position(s).

Available January 2016 or later, with duration of two years.

Employer

Professor Erik Brynjolfsson, MIT Sloan School of Management

Location

Cambridge, MA USA.

Postdocs will be expected to reside and work in Cambridge for the full two years

Job Description

The MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy (IDE) is a major research effort addressing one of the most critical issues of our time: the impact of digital technology on businesses, the economy, and society. Drawing on MIT Sloan's strengths in technology and innovation, its internationally recognized faculty, and more than a decade of research and partnership with MIT Sloan's Center for Digital Business, the IDE is analyzing the broad sociological, economic, and organizational changes brought about by the advance and spread of digital technology. For more information, see http://mitsloan.mit.edu/ide .

We seek one or more Postdoctoral Associates to work on research projects under the supervision of faculty and other principal investigators.  High-level topic areas include: the impact of technological change on skills and wages, emergence of new digital business models, digital transformation of enterprises, mega-scale digital experimentation, social prediction, and others.  Our research projects balance rigor and relevance, aiming to produce papers for top academic journals while also informing policy and practice through other contributions.

Requirements

We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral researcher(s) with extensive experience in data analytics and econometrics.  Candidates must be able to work well with academics and industry executives alike.  English language skills (verbal and written) must be excellent.

Salary

Commensurate with experience, and competitive with similar positions.

To apply

Please send a CV and research sample to MIT IDE Executive Director David Verrill (dverrill at mit.edu<mailto:dverrill at mit.edu>)

Dr. George Westerman
MIT Sloan Initiative on the Digital Economy
245 First Street, E94-1513, Cambridge MA 02142 USA
+1-617-253-2939
[Leading Digital - Cover - Mini]