[AISWorld] A new book

Hank Lucas hlucas at rhsmith.umd.edu
Tue Nov 17 12:01:37 EST 2015

*Technology and the Disruption of Higher Education: Saving the American
University* is a new book which describes my experiences offering blended
and online classes and teaching a MOOC.  There is also a chapter on the
development of Maryland’s online MBA program.  The book describes the
opportunities and threats that technology-enhanced teaching and learning
offer universities.  I conclude that technology is not enough alone to save
American colleges, and in the last chapter suggest some radical reforms
that are needed to insure that our higher educational institutions survive
and flourish for the rest of the 21st Century.   A color version of the
book is at http://ter.ps/savingcolor and a black and white at
http://ter.ps/savingbw.

--

*​Hank LucasSmith School of BusinessUniversity of Maryland​*