[AISWorld] Reminder: CFP ECIS2016 track Human-Computer Interaction

Netta Iivari Netta.Iivari at oulu.fi
Tue Nov 24 08:35:18 EST 2015

CALL FOR PAPERS

Human-Computer Interaction track http://www.ecis2016.eu/files/downloads/Tracks/T12.pdf
24th European Conference on Information Systems http://www.ecis2016.eu/en/default.asp
12.-15. June 2016, Istanbul
Paper submission deadline: November 27 2015

Track Description

The HCI area deals with the design, evaluation and use of interactive systems, with a common focus on user performance and experience. Within the AIS community, HCI research has traditionally emphasized the interaction between humans, information, technologies, and tasks in organizational contexts. Given the basis of organizational IT systems as an anchor of conceptual development in AIS HCI, these technologies might be expected to imply few or insignificant differences in styles of usage across the world. However, when we compare how IT is nowadays developed and used across varied organizations, cultures, societies and regions, important and subtle differences in HCI appear. Hence, the theme for this year's HCI track is 'heterogeneous HCI', which calls for consideration of themes such as cultural HCI, political HCI, domestic HCI and DIY HCI. Other HCI topics are also welcome. For an introduction to AIS HCI, see for example Benbasat, I. (2010). "HCI research: Future challenges and directions." AIS Transactions on HumanComputer Interaction 2(2): 1. The track is open to all types of research approaches to study or examine HCI-related problems and issues.

Track Co-Chairs

Torkil Clemmensen (primary contact) Copenhagen Business School, Denmark www.cbs.dk/en/staff/tcitm<http://www.cbs.dk/en/staff/tcitm>
Netta Iivari University of Oulu, Finland http://www.oulu.fi/tol/node/20151
Noam Tractinsky Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel http://www.bgu.ac.il/~noamt/