[AISWorld] CFP - Journal of Cases in IT and Special Issue on Critical Incidents in IT

Andy Borchers andy.borchers at lipscomb.edu
Sat Nov 28 16:00:20 EST 2015

The Journal of Cases in IT is seeking manuscripts for our publication.  The
journal "publishes comprehensive, real-life teaching cases, empirical and
applied research-based case studies, and case studies based on individual,
organizational, and societal experiences related to the utilization and
management of information technology."   Submissions should be directed to:

http://www.igi-global.com/calls-for-papers/journal-cases-information-technology-jcit/1075

Also, I want to announce an upcoming *special issue dedicated to critical
incidents in IT.*  A critical incident is a teaching focused short case (3
pages maximum length) that addresses a single, significant issue in an
organization.  Typically, faculty can use a critical incident in a single
classroom session.

Key points for this special issue:

1. *Submission* - Authors should submit a critical incident (3 page
maximum) with a teaching note to our journal submission system at the URL
listed above.  Format the incident in APA style and write in past tense.
Establish a strong "hook" in the opening paragraph that clearly establishes
the key issue.  Critical incidents must reflect real events.  Incidents
written based on primary research require approval from the organization
studied.  Alternatively, authors can write incidents based solely on
secondary sources without an organization's permission. The teaching note
should include a case abstract, suggested courses that the incident fits,
learning outcomes and a set of questions and answers for class use.

2. *Deadline* - The submission deadline is *May 31, 2016*.  Publication is
anticipated by December 31, 2016.

Please direct any questions to me at andy.borchers at lipscomb.edu.

Andy Borchers, Editor in Chief

Professor of Management
Department Chair of Management, Entrepreneurship and Marketing
College of Business, Lipscomb University
Swang 226
1 University Park Drive
Nashville, TN  37204
615-966-5779 (Office)