[AISWorld] Tenure Track Faculty Positions: Data Science and Technology

Alvaro Arenas Alvaro.Arenas at ie.edu
Sun Dec 20 01:13:58 EST 2015

Three Tenure Track Faculty Positions

Data Science and Technology

IE's School of Human Sciences and Technology (HST) invites qualified applicants to apply for one of three tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor level beginning September 2016.   We are a new, disruptive and innovative school within IE University, with close ties to IE Business school. Currently, we are looking to build our foundational faculty in data science and technology (broadly defined).

We are particularly interested in candidates whose expertise aligns with one or more of the strategic themes of the school which include: business analytics, data science, big data technology, digital enterprise, cybersecurity, wearable and self-quantification technology, and data visualization.

The successful candidate will be expected to publish and present in international venues, teach courses at the Bachelor and/or Master level, and provide strong intellectual leadership to HST in her/his area of expertise. Applicants will have earned a PhD from a recognized school in a relevant discipline (computer science, information technology, engineering, statistics, or other related fields).  Salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Applications should include a cover letter, vita, research statement, statement of teaching philosophy, copies of recent publications, contact information for three references, and evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., teaching evaluations, student comments, etc.). Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide reference letters.

IE's School of Human Sciences and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from individuals who will expand the ethnic and gender diversity of our faculty. Please submit your application in electronic form with the heading Data Science and Technology to:

Sara Flores

Recruitment Coordinator

Email: sara.flores at ie.edu

Tel.:+ 34 91 5689781

ABOUT IE:  IE is an internationally recognized educational institution initially founded as a business school.  We have now grown to include schools of Law, International Relations, Architecture and Design and our new School of Human Sciences & Technology.  IE's Bachelors, Masters and Executive programs are highly-ranked and recognized in the international press such as The Financial Times, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.

The School of Human Sciences & Technology is "anti-disciplinary", weaving together three core themes with an emphasis on how these themes can be applied to the world of work:  Behavior and Human Development, Communications and Media, and Data Science and Technology.

Although each of IE's five schools have an associated faculty, IE has a "one faculty" mindset that encourages research and teaching across schools and disciplines.  IE's diverse faculty come from around the world, and are encouraged to develop excellence in research, teaching and leadership within their areas of expertise.

IE has campuses in Madrid and Segovia, Spain. Madrid is a vibrant, cosmopolitan capital city of 5+ million that offers an enormous range of professional and leisure opportunities.  Segovia, is a beautiful, World-Heritage city offering residents the pleasures of a small city environment, access to outdoor activities in the Guadarrama mountains, and easy access (30 minutes by bullet train) to the heart of bustling Madrid.