[AISWorld] Are there graduate courses on Data Centers? Do we need them? Are Data Centers relevant for AIS World community?

mmora at securenym.net mmora at securenym.net
Wed Jan 13 12:07:13 EST 2016

Dear AIS colleagues (in IT Architecture, Computer Networking, ITSM, IT
Infrastructure, Green IT, Cloud Computing, and Cyber-physical systems):

All of us know that Data Centers are the angular stone supporting all IT
services nowadays. However, the scientific and practitioner knowledge on
Data Centers (its engineering and management) is scarcely taught in
graduate IT program in all the world. Most knowledge is generated directly
by IT industry or research centers from IT industry, and IT people working
in Data Centers, any job position, is trained directly such professional
settings. Academic knowledge and research is scarce.

Consequently, we invite us to our colleagues in the world to collaborate
in this both didactical and applied research oriented book entitled:
Engineering and Management of Data Centers: an IT Service Management
Approach, which will be published by Springer in the prestigious book
series
“Service Science: Research and Innovations in the Service Economy”.

We need really you academic collaboration for completing this relevant
editorial project, and proving that really AIS world is focused also in
the IT technical side from a IT managerial perspective.  IS/IT area has
been critiqued strongly by focusing only in behavioral human-side losing
its main focus: IT !

Thanks very much for your kind academic response for advancing on this
topic ! This book can become in a reference book for such current graduate
(missing) courses on Data Centers.

Sincerely, co-editors

Jorge Marx Gómez, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Germany
Manuel Mora, Autonomous University of Aguascalientes, Mexico
Rory O’Connor, Dublin City University, Ireland
Wolfgang Nebel, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Germany
Mahesh Raisinghani, Texas Woman’s University, USA

IMPORTANT DATES:

May 31, 2016 – full chapter submission deadline.
July 15, 2016 – editorial decision deadline (accepted, conditioned or
rejected chapter).
August 15, 2016 – conditioned chapter submission deadlines.
September 15, 2016 – editorial decision deadline on conditioned chapters.
September 31, 2016 – camera-ready chapter submission deadline.
First 2017 quarter – estimated publishing period.

CFC websites at:
http://www.issip.org/cfp-engineering-and-management-of-data-centers-an-it-service-management-approach/

http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/CFC.BOOK.DATA.CENTERS.2015.END-VERSION.OK.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-1533317-p173781503