[AISWorld] FINAL CFP - IFIP WG8.3 Conference, June 22-24 2016, Cork, Ireland

Frada Burstein frada.burstein at monash.edu
Thu Jan 14 19:04:26 EST 2016

Apologies for cross posting
--------------------------------------<mailto:aisworld at lists.aisnet.org>

Dear IS Colleagues,

Happy New Year to all.

With 11 days left for paper submission for the IFIP WG8.3 conference
(DSS2016 - taking place in Cork, Ireland from June 22nd - 24th, 2016) we
would like to share some interesting details with you.

1. We will have keynote addresses from Prof. Tom Davenport (one of the
top three business/technology analysts in the world), Alan D. Duncan
(Gartner Research Director of Business Analytics), and Prof. Frederic
Adam (chair of IFIP WG8.3).

2. We will offer an exciting programme of events during the conference
including Irish traditional music & dance as part of the conference
dinner. The conference dinner will take place in the Aula Maxima on
University College Cork (UCC) Campus where George Boole read as the
first Professor of Mathematics (1849-1864)!

3. We will launch the Data Savvy Practitioners Forum as part of the
conference. This will see a collection of practitioners come together to
share their data driven stories and showcase their efforts at improving
their business through data.

Paper submission closes on Sunday 24th January at 12 midnight GMT.

Papers should be submitted to: dss2016 at ucc.ie <mailto:dss2016 at ucc.ie>

Please visit the conference site to find out more:
https://dss2016conference.wordpress.com/

We hope to see you in "sunny" Cork in June 2016..

Cheers

The DSS2016 Conference Committee

-
Professor Frada Burstein
Leader, Health ICT theme, Monash Institute of Medical Engineering (MIME):http://monash.edu/mime/
Deputy Director Centre for Organisational and Social Informatics
Faculty of IT, Monash University
PO Box 197
Caulfield East VIC 3145, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9903 2011