[AISWorld] UKAIS PhD and Professional Doctorate Consortium 11 April 2016 - call for contributions
dlimburg at brookes.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 11:43:35 EST 2016
*21th Annual Conference*
*PhD & Professional Doctorate Consortium*
*Monday 11 April, St Catherine’s College, Oxford, UK*
*Chairs: *Dr Robert Campbell and Dr Diana Limburg
*Keynote*: Professor Bob Galliers
Call for Contributions
The Consortium is intended for researchers undertaking a PhD or
Professional Doctorate in keeping with the main themes of the conference.
Researchers may present work at any stage. The consortium aims to provide:
- An opportunity for small group, in-depth discussions which focus on
participants’ research issues, around both the object and method of the
- Understanding of work in progress experienced by other researchers
active at PhD level;
- Identification of other research related to the participants’
We invite PhD and professional doctorate students to submit a 500-1,000
word abstract summarising the aims, methods and relevance of the research
topic by *Monday 29th February* *2016 *to UKAIS2016 at gmail.com, with the
subject heading ‘*UKAIS PhD Consortium*’.
Facilitators Session facilitators will include leading IS academics from
the UK and UKAIS Board members. Please see http://www.ukais.org for a
listing of the previous association Board members. Preliminary Consortium
- Keynote speaker
- 4-5 Student presentations per group of 15 minutes each and discussion
of 45 minutes for each presentation. Please note that you are required to
actively participate for the full day.
- The cost of the PhD consortium, including evening dinner and student
accommodation on the 11th of April, will be approximately £195. Group
discounts are available. Full booking details will be posted on the UKAIS
2016 Conference website <http://dwastell.org/UKAIS2016/>
- You are encouraged to attend the full UKAIS conference – a discount is
Testimonials from previous PhD Consortium participants:
*‘The PhD Consortium was excellent. The format is perfect – it allows full
interaction between the student and the facilitator’*
*‘The consortium was really worthwhile attending. The facilitators are all
well respected academics and to be able to discuss my PhD research in such
a relaxed environment in Oxford has been wonderful’*
*‘A great balance between academic discussion and social conversation –
well worth attending’*
Important Dates for your diary:
- Submission Date for abstract: Midnight GMT – Monday 29th February 2016.
- PhD & Professional Doctorates Consortium: Monday 11th April 2016.
Any enquiries can be emailed to UKAIS2016 at gmail.com; please include ‘*UKAIS
PhD Consortium*’ in your email subject.
More information about the AISWorld