[AISWorld] CFP: SPECIAL ISSUE on “The Future of Virtual Communities” (Aaron French)

Aaron Michael French afrench at unm.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:07:40 EST 2016

CALL FOR PAPERS – IJWBC SPECIAL ISSUE

The International Journal of Web Based Communities

SPECIAL ISSUE on “The Future of Virtual Communities”

Guest Editor: Aaron French, University of New Mexico (afrench at unm.edu<mailto:afrench at unm.edu>)

Submission Deadline: February 28, 2016 @ 11:59 PM Mountain Standard Time (U.S.)

Description

The growth and popularity of virtual communities (VC) has manifested itself in various aspect of life from individual interactions to business practices. This phenomenon has changed social interaction, shrinking the world we live in. People are more connected than ever before, providing opportunities for organizations to individual identify and connect to their customers. Social networks have also used to facilitate collaboration and communication within a global environment.

As VCs continue to grow in popularity, new communities are continuing to be developed and expanding using new technologies to become more mobile. VC users have more options that ever before with many users selecting among and participating in dozens of virtual communities. With a multitude of VCs to choose from, we need to increase our understanding of factors that lead to success and sustainability of those communities.

This special issue focuses on the theoretical and practical issues related to the sustainability of virtual communities and future directions of these networks. We welcome empirical and qualitative research in the area of VCs that will help expand knowledge and understanding of this phenomenon that can be used to inform researchers and practitioners alike.

Subject coverage

  *   Sustainability of Virtual Communities
  *   Innovations in Virtual Communities
  *   Behavioural analysis
  *   Cross-cultural research
  *   Cultural differences affecting sustainability
  *   Economic sustainability
  *   Mobile VCs
  *   Network analysis
  *   Success factors
  *   VC selection decision making
  *   Etc.

Instructions for submissions

Potential contributors who require clarification or wish to enquire if the topic of their submission fits within the scope of the special issue may contact Aaron French by email at afrench at unm.edu<mailto:afrench at unm.edu> Please provide a paragraph describing the topic and potential title in any enquiries.

Notes for Intending Authors

All papers are refereed through a double blind process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for manuscript format are available on the Papers Submission section under Author Guidelines

Author Guidelines: http://www.inderscience.com/info/inauthors/index.php

Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Papers that have been published in a conference are eligible as long as they undergo a substantial change. Authors must disclose this information to the editor.

To submit a paper, please send one copy in the form of an MS Word or PDF file attached to an e-mail to the following:

Guest Editor:
Aaron M. French
University of New Mexico
e-mail: afrench at unm.edu<mailto:afrench at unm.edu>