[AISWorld] PhD position available at Louisiana State University

Biagio Palese bpales1 at lsu.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:04:38 EST 2016

Description: The Digital Data Streams (DDS) Lab at the Information System and Decision Science Department at Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge) offer a fully funded PhD position. The DDS Lab (http://dds.cct.lsu.edu <http://dds.cct.lsu.edu/>) is a creative and productive research group involved in a number of projects focused on the many aspects of digital data streaming.

We are looking to add a member of our team who brings substantial technical skills to the table and is interested in broadening his/her skillset to encompass business applications of Digital Data Streaming.

The ideal candidate will have:

- Master level qualifications in computer science, applied mathematics, or a related technical field.

- A proven fluency in programming (Java and/or C++) and scripting (Python is required, R is a plus) and project experience with large datasets (hadoop and/or Mongo DB)

- Knowledge of machine learning methods and algorithms and project experience in these areas is a strong plus

- Excellent potential for creative work and very good communication skills.

- The working language of the group is English.

Biagio Palese
PhD Student, ISDS Department
E. J. Ourso College of Business