[AISWorld] Consider using SciRev to track your journal submissions

Chitu Okoli Chitu.Okoli at concordia.ca
Thu Feb 18 13:12:57 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

Since the past year, I have been using SciRev (https://scirev.sc) to
track my journal submissions. It is a free service that lets researchers
track to which journals they have submitted articles and record the
outcome of the decision. Very helpfully, you can set up reminders (e.g.
after 3 or 4 months) to remind you to check on the status of a
submission, or to alert you that you're late on resubmitting a revision.
(Please note: I am just a user of the service; I am not involved in any
way in its service provision.)

For individual use like this, SciRev is useful just as a tracking
service. However, where it really shines is the network effects when a
large community of users use it. The site anonymously aggregates users'
experiences, so that, for each journal, you can see what other authors'
experiences have been concerning the amount of time it takes to get
quality of reviews. You can see what I mean here: https://scirev.sc/reviews/

I'm sending this message to encourage IS researchers to consider using
this service. As of now, very few IS journals have reviews submitted.
One exception is Information Systems Journal, which has one user review:
https://scirev.sc/journal/information-systems-journal/. Hopefully, if a
large number of IS researchers use it, we will be able to help each
other by getting an idea of the average or typical responses for our
common target journals.

Regards,

Chitu Okoli
Associate Professor in Business Technology Management
John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Montréal
http://chitu.okoli.org/pro