[AISWorld] CfP: "Digital Business Transformation" - Research Track at the IECER 2016

Hans-Dieter Zimmermann hansdieter.zimmermann at fhsg.ch
Wed Mar 9 11:41:57 EST 2016

The forthcoming 14th edition of the Interdisciplinary European Conference
on Entrepreneurship Research IECER is about change.
Conference Site: http://www.iecer-conference.org/

Track Description
The digitalization of businesses and of whole industries is one of the
major developments we are facing in our economies right now: ICT means are
substantially transforming the way we create value. These developments are
referred to as the Fourth Industrial Revolution. In Germany, the term
Industrie 4.0 – or Smart Factory - was coined in order to express that the
utilization of innovative technologies such as the Internet of Things and
Big Data denotes a fundamental paradigm shift in value creation. The
utilization of ICT in the financial industry – Fintech – is just one
current example how industries are being transformed.

The transformation of existing businesses and industries as well as
emerging new industries lead to new models of how value creation systems
are being organized, digital ecosystems are emerging. Based on business
model innovation approaches new digital (enriched) products and services
are being developed and deployed. So called disruptive business models are
threatening long existing companies.

Whereas big companies have their own resources to develop strategies and
solutions in order to take advantage of the above mentioned developments
and to cope with its challenges, SME need external support in order to keep
up. Therefore this track shall emphasize especially the SME’s perspective
asking how much digitalization is needed, but also how much of
digitalization does fit the SMEs needs.

For the track, a focus and specific perspectives are recommended. Relevant
perspectives are, among others, leadership and management, digitalization
of processes, e.g. sales or CRM processes, the value chain perspective,
automation in production, ICT infrastructures including security issues, as
well as HR or marketing.

We encourage contributions that address one or more of the perspectives in
SME, using qualitative analyses and case studies, empirical analyses (such
as comparisons of sub sectors, industries, countries, firms) and/or
developing theoretical frameworks. For this track, we particularly welcome
the submission of author(s) and working groups that are willing to discuss
their work-in-progress (short papers).

Online Version of the CfP:
http://www.iecer-conference.org/digital-economy

Track Chair:
Hans-Dieter Zimmermann, FHS St. Gallen University of Applied Sciences,
Switzerland

Important Dates:
Submission of papers                    May 29, 2016
Notification of authors                June 30, 2016
End early-bird registration        July 15, 2016
Conference                                         Sept. 7-9, 2016