[AISWorld] Methods courses in IS: Epistemologies?

Bendik Bygstad bendikby at ifi.uio.no
Fri Mar 11 05:23:29 EST 2016

We are conducting a mapping of epistemologies covered in current courses on research methods in Information Systems study programmes. We would thus appreciate your feedback on this question:

In your research methods course(s), which of these epistemologies/approaches are covered (explicitly or implicitly):
- Positivism
- Interpretivism
- Critical theory
- Design science research
- Critical realism
- other?

In case your response refers to multiple courses, please state the level of these (bachelor, master, PhD).

We would also appreciate any comments or reflections you may have on this subject.

We will be happy to distribute the responses to the contributors, please let us know if you wish so.

With kind regards,
Bendik Bygstad and Bjørn Erik Munkvold

-----
Bendik Bygstad<http://www.mn.uio.no/ifi/english/people/aca/bendikby/>