[AISWorld] Social Analytics course?

Miranda, Shaila M. shailamiranda at ou.edu
Thu Mar 17 09:12:32 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

I have just finished teaching an 8-week graduate Social Analytics course.  The course focused on social network analysis and text analytics.  Though we worked with social media data, the course did not deal exclusively with social media data.  My approach has been to move between easy-to-use tools to develop students' understanding of concepts and R to develop students' technical skills.

I am looking for people teaching a similar course or similar content in a broader course so I can compare notes on what ideally should go into such a course.  What texts are you using?  What concepts and tools are you covering?  Even if you are not currently teaching such a course, but have an opinion on what it should cover, I would love to hear from you.  I also will be glad to share the materials I have developed in exchange for feedback.

As is customary, I will collate and share all input.

Thanks!

Shaila Miranda, PhD
Associate Professor
Division of MIS, Price College of Business
University of Oklahoma
Email: shailamiranda at ou.edu<mailto:shailamiranda at ou.edu>
Phone: 405-325-5732