[AISWorld] Workshop on Social and Business Analytics - April 29, 2016 (Austin, TX)

Rajiv Garg Rajiv.Garg at mccombs.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:37:30 EDT 2016

The 2016 UT Austin McCombs School of Business Workshop on Social and Business Analytics (29th April) is a unique event that will bring together cutting edge researchers from top U.S. schools, industry experts and successful entrepreneurs to present, discuss, and debate emerging themes, methods, and best practices in analytics.

Topics will include (but are not limited to) healthcare analytics, driving efficiency in the energy sector with analytic modeling, analytics of Internet of things (IoT), business metrics for unstructured, user-generated data, and consumer privacy and market for information in the era of big data.

The uniqueness of this workshop lies at the intersection of academics and practice with a strong business application focus, but without trying to sell any vendor-specific software or technologies; in fact, several of the presenters are highly accomplished academics who have also created successful startups in the analytics space.

Participants will gain deep insights into the latest applications of business analytics in a variety of industries, learn novel ways of driving business value from new social media and user generated content metrics, understand the implications of IoT analytics, and also become aware of important consumer privacy issues emerging from the era of big data. The conference and registration website can be found at  https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/Departments/IROM/WSBA-2016

Our first workshop was attended by more than 200 participants, and we are expecting a strong turnout this year as well. We look forward to your participation!

Workshop co-chairs: Professors Anitesh Barua, Rajiv  Garg, Sirkka Jarvenpaa, Maytal Saar-Tsechansky,
Department of Information, Risk and Operations Management, McCombs School of Business, the University of Texas at Austin.

Workshop Contact: Amber Guevara, email:  amber.guevara at mccombs.utexas.edu<mailto:amber.guevara at mccombs.utexas.edu>

Early registration deadline is approaching fast!