[AISWorld] Call for Papers- Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST) 2016

Susarla, Anjana asusarla at broad.msu.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:03:32 EDT 2016

>From Elvis to Taylor (Swift): Digital Transformation in Music, Entertainment, and Beyond

Information systems are integral to how we work, play, and consume information. New technologies, platforms, and media provide firms new ways to interact with consumers and other stakeholders. Not only do these technologies pervade our daily routines, they also provide valuable data for analyzing individual and organizational behavior and affording us valuable insights into key functions such as marketing, finance and accounting, human resource management, and operations and logistics. These technologies connect us to others via social networks, enabling the growth of the sharing economy. They present unprecedented opportunities to voice our opinions, scrutinize our healthcare, and be part of smarter ecosystems.

Yet, these technologies also leave us open to opportunism, privacy invasion, potential unemployment, and security threats. The recent Apple vs. FBI controversy further underscores the perils of ubiquitous technology. CIST 2016 will feature research papers and keynote speakers that examine strategic, economic, and policy implications of the opportunities and threats of the digital transformation of our worlds. For submission guidelines and areas of interest, please refer to http://www.fox.temple.edu/conferences/cist/cfp.html

We invite original research in all areas of Information Systems and related fields that seek to address issues related to the conference theme. The CIST 2016 co-chairs are Hilal Atasoy, Nishtha Langer, Min-Seok Pang, Jui Ramaprasad, Anjana Susarla, and Sunil Wattal. Submissions will be accepted electronically through Easychair at  https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cist2016.

Important Dates:
Submissions Open: May 1, 2016
Submission Deadline: June 19, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: August 15, 2016
INFORMS Early Registration Date: October 16, 2016

We look forward to receiving many outstanding submissions and putting together a high-quality program for this event. For more information, please contact the organizing committee chairs via email at cist2016 at gmail.com.

CIST 2016 Organizing Committee
Hilal, Nishtha, Min-Seok, Jui, Anjana, and Sunil

Anjana Susarla
Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University
N230, North Business Complex, Bogue Street, East Lansing MI 48824
Email: asusarla at broad.msu.edu