[AISWorld] Announcing the new Editors-in-Chief of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems

Janice Sipior janice.sipior at villanova.edu
Sun May 8 23:23:57 EDT 2016

We are very pleased to introduce the new Editors-in-Chief of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, who will officially commence their three-year term on January 1, 2017:

Stacie Petter, Baylor University, stacie_petter at baylor.edu and
Tom Stafford, University of Memphis, tstaffor at memphis.edu

We based our decision on their strategic vision and detailed, well thought-out proposals.

We wish to thank those who submitted a proposal in response to our recent Formal Request for Proposals for new Editors of The Data Base.  In response to our call, we carefully considered the strengths of each of the proposals submitted.  While each proposal was individually very strong, a comparative evaluation was done to match the strengths of each to the needs of the Editorship.

We also would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude to our outgoing Editors-in-Chief, who cycle off at the end of December 2016 after having served for five years:

Wm. David Salisbury, University of Dayton, salisbury at udayton.edu and
Andrew Schwarz, Louisiana State University, aschwarz at lsu.edu

We are indebted to Dave and Andy for their dedication and hard work in enhancing the value of The Data Base for our membership and the MIS community.  We appreciate the excellent job they have done in increasing the high quality of this quarterly refereed journal.

Again, we are thankful for the enthusiastic interest and proposals we received for the Editorship of The Data Base.  Please join us in welcoming our new Editors-in-Chief of The Data Base and wishing them every success in their exciting and challenging new venture!

Sincerely,

Janice C. Sipior, ACM SIGMIS Chair
Villanova School of Business
janice.sipior at villanova.edu

Christina Outlay, ACM SIGMIS Vice Chair
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Outlayc at uww.edu

Jeria Quesenberry, ACM SIGMIS Secretary/Treasurer
Carnegie Mellon University
jeriaq at andrew.cmu.edu

Monica Adya, ACM SIGMIS CPR (Computer Personnel Research) Committee Chair
Marquette University
monica.adya at marquette.edu

Indira R. Guzman, ACM SIGMIS Information Director
Trident University International
indira.guzman at trident.edu