[AISWorld] LAST CALL: AIS SIG-Health Best Published Paper Award 2016

Leroy, Gondy - (gondyleroy) gondyleroy at email.arizona.edu
Sun May 29 18:54:34 EDT 2016

Dear Researchers,

The AIS SIG-Health will award a Best Published Paper Award at AMCIS 2016. There will be a Junior and a Senior award category when at least 5 submissions are received in each category.  For each category, there will be a Best Paper Award and Meritorious Mention.

To be eligible as a Junior Researcher, you need to have been a student at the time the paper was published. This has to be reflected in your affiliation. Everyone else will be considered to be a Senior Researcher. In addition, at the time of award you need to be an AIS SIG-Health Member (it's only $10) and be present at AMCIS 2016 at the SIG Health annual business meeting to receive the award.

We will accept journal and conference papers in English that were published and in print in 2015. They need to contain original research. Papers that are editorial comments, notes, or research-in-progress are not eligible. Conference posters are not eligible. The paper needs to have been peer-reviewed. Only one paper per first author will be accepted. The detailed award criteria used to judge can be found on our website.

To submit a paper, create a single pdf file that contains a cover page with your contact information, the paper's DOI or publication URL, an explanation of you status if not clear from the paper, and the published version of the paper. Do not submit proofs or drafts.

Submit here: http://www.aissighealth.com/wordpress/best-paper-award-2016/
Deadline: May 31, 2016 - midnight.
We will do our best to notify winners by June 15.

Good luck!

Gondy Leroy, PhD
Eller Fellow and Associate Professor
President AIS SIG-Health
Management Information Systems
Eller College of Management, University of Arizona
http://nlp.lab.arizona.edu/

2015 Winners:
Junior Best Paper Award:
Pasi Karppinen, Tuomas Lehto, Harri Oinas-Kukkonen,Timo Pätiälä and Osmo Saarelma, "Using Hermenuetics to Uncover Anaomalies for Non-adoption of Behavior Change Support Systems", PACIS 2014 Proceedings, Paper 10.

Senior Best Paper Award:
Jim Ryan, Barbara Doster, Sandra Daily and Carmen Lewis, "A Balanced Perspective to Perioperative Process Management Aligned to Hospital Strategy", International Journal of Health Information Technology and Informatics, 9(4), 1-19, 2014.

Meritorious Mention:
Diane M. Strong, Olga Volkoff, Sharon A. Johnson, Lori R. Pelletier, Bengisu Tulu, Isa Bar-On, John Trudel and Lawrence Garber, "A Theory of Organization-EHR Affordance Actualization", Journal of the Assocation for Information Systems, 15(2), 53-85, 2014.

Tonia San Nicolas-Rocca, Benjamin Schooley and Seong-Jong Joo, "Design and Development of a Patient-Centered E-Health System to Improve Patient Understanding at Discharge", Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 34, Article 24, 2014