[AISWorld] Information Systems Journal - Message from the Publisher

Prof. Robert M DAVISON isrobert at cityu.edu.hk
Thu Jun 16 13:08:21 EDT 2016

Publisher's note: Editors-in-Chief of the Information Systems Journal
In the middle of 2012 David Avison and Guy Fitzgerald formally stepped down as Editors-in-Chief of the Information Systems Journal (ISJ), positions they had held since the ISJ was launched in 1991. At this time I took the opportunity to appoint three new Editors-in-Chief, one from each of the three AIS regions:

*         Robert M Davison, City University of Hong Kong,

*         Philip Powell, Birkbeck (University of London),

*         Eileen M. Trauth, Pennsylvania State University.

This more expansive approach has been most fruitful. We have seen a wider range of papers from a growing number of geographical and subject areas, all the time maintaining the focus on high quality and cutting-edge articles that the ISJ is known for; this is evinced in the latest impact factor results (2.522). Special issues have also been a stand out success during this time, growing in number and variety.

The correlation between the Journal's ongoing development - and value to the IS community - is inextricably linked to the leadership and work of the Editors-in-Chief. From the end of June 2016 we will start a new chapter in the Journal's history; however this will not be a major plot change! We want to build on the strong platform that Robert, Philip and Eileen have built over recent years and part of this is to revise the editorial structure. From July 1st the journal will initiate a move towards a single Editor-in-Chief, Robert Davison. By moving to one Editor-in-Chief we will lay the ground work to create space in the editorial structure for more involvement and input from Senior Editors and Associate Editors in the future. The long term strategy is to "promote from within" and potentially recruit a future Editor-in-Chief from the dynamic cohort of Senior Editors. There will also be a continued emphasis on making the Journal as international as possible and helping authors to get their papers published through every step of the publication process.

>From a practical point of view, from July 1st, all new submissions to the ISJ will be handled by Robert as the sole Editor-in-Chief. Any papers already in review at that time managed by Eileen or Philip will continue to be under their control until a final decision is reached. The same applies for any special issues where Eileen or Philip are the Editors-in-Chief: they will see these special issues through to their conclusion. Further, Eileen and Philip will continue as Editors-in-Chief until December 31st, 2016. The Journal will reflect the changes of personnel on its masthead from January 1st 2017.

>From a personal point of view I would like to publicly thank Eileen and Philip for their outstanding contributions to the ISJ. As already noted the Journal is going from strength to strength due to their hard work and dedication, something that will be appreciated and noted by the whole IS community.

James Sullivan
Publisher
John Wiley and Sons
Oxford 17 June 2016

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.