[AISWorld] Call for Participation – SIG Social Inclusion – AMCIS Professional Development Symposium

Witman, Paul pwitman at callutheran.edu
Fri Jul 8 00:13:40 EDT 2016

SIG-Social Inclusion invites participants from all SIGs to join us for a discussion of how Information Systems and our research can promote broader inclusion across a wide range of social divides. We’ll meet on Friday, August 12, 1:30-3:00 p.m. at AMCIS – we hope to see you there!
Inclusion, Engagement, Empowerment – Information systems can help to make or break these results. How can our research, across a range of IS specializations, help promote social inclusion across gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status, and other divides? This PDS will focus on engaging AIS members from a variety of specializations to consider how social inclusion might factor into their research. As examples, online funds transfer models, such as M-Pesa in Africa, have the impact of including more people in a broader economy, and info systems can be used to help or hinder people’s access to all sorts of things, including health care. Come join a lively discussion of active research projects across at least 10 SIGs, areas where social inclusion research may have an impact, and connect with potential research collaborations to support your studies in this area.
Chair: Paul Witman - California Lutheran University

Michelle Carter - University of Washington; Bill Hefley - University of Texas, Dallas; Virginia Ilie - California Lutheran University; Julie Kendall, Ken Kendall - Rutgers University; Deepak Khazanchi - University of Nebraska, Omaha; Michael Leih - Point Loma Nazarene University; Chris Njunge - Claremont Graduate University/California Lutheran University; Tom Stafford - University of Memphis

Paul D. Witman, Ph.D.
Professor, Information Technology Management
Director, Undergraduate Programs, School of Management

[cid:image002.png at 01CFC920.747FC220]