[AISWorld] Accepting Applications for Two Tenured/Tenure-Track Positions at University of South Florida

Bhattacherjee, Anol abhatt at usf.edu
Fri Jul 8 14:03:52 EDT 2016

The Information Systems & Decision Sciences (ISDS) department at USF's Muma College of Business has multiple faculty openings.  Two positions are available at the tenured/tenure-track levels: (1) an Assistant/Associate Professor opening in MIS, and (2) an open rank position in MIS for candidates with a cybersecurity interest. Details on the specific positions and how to apply are available at http://www.usf.edu/business/departments/isds/open-positions.aspx.

The Muma College of Business at USF offers some of the strongest and most innovative programs, amazing faculty and an inspiring environment for researchers, instructors, students and even practitioners. Our college emphasizes creativity and analytics to promote student success, produce scholarship with impact, and engage with all stakeholders in a diverse global environment.

In addition to the conventional metrics of research and teaching, our  department and the Muma college are known for very active business engagement activities. We have extremely close ties, innovative partnerships, and deep relationships with leading businesses in the beautiful Tampa Bay area and beyond. Access to many great businesses in this growing and beautiful urban location provides unique research, teaching and program development opportunities that will be inspiring for many of today's business school faculty. We promise that the white sand beaches nearby will not be distracting.

It is expected that the two new positions will bring in faculty who will join an incredibly cohesive, collaborative, creative and talented team in the ISDS Department. Our list of current faculty is available at http://www.usf.edu/business/departments/isds/faculty-list.aspx.

Application review will begin early Fall semester, and we are seeking candidates with exceptional research record and evidence of ongoing research activities. If interested, please review our detailed job description and submit your application using our online recruitment system using the link above, with a CV, cover letter, and names of references. Please feel free to forward this announcement to any exceptional current or former students, post-docs, or scholars who may fit our profile and preferences, or others who may be able to help us attract the best candidates for these positions.

Anol Bhattacherjee, Ph.D.
Professor and Dean's Fellow, ISDS Department
College of Business, CIS 2083
University of South Florida
Tampa, FL 33620-7800
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=INT1RB4AAAAJ

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes" - Marcel Proust