[AISWorld] Most Influential Information Systems Papers

Niels Bjørn-Andersen nba.itm at cbs.dk
Mon Jul 11 15:08:24 EDT 2016

Dear Samir,

I share your concern about the real impact of our IS research

Too much is only published for citations by our mutual admiration club, and we would all have a very hard time to argue why taxpayers or students should spend money on that. Why should they feed us, if we don't provide value?

Look to the UK Research Assessment, where 20% is impact on society or real organizations in 2014. I am prepared to bet my pension that this figure will increase in UK, and that it will come to other countries. And how many of us have something to show for that?

I think it is a brilliant idea to post 'success stories' on a web-page - at least as inspiration for the rest of us.

Best

Niels

Professor Niels Bjørn-Andersen
Department  of IT Management
Copenhagen Business School
Howitzvej 60,room 3.09
2000 Frederiksberg
Danmark
nba at cbs.dk<mailto:nba at cbs.dk>
office phone: (+45) 38 15 44 44
mobile phone: (+45) 24 79 43 07
Skype: Niels.Bjorn.Andersen
http://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-it-management/staff/nbaitm

Danish Digital Champion to the EU appointed by Danish government.