[AISWorld] Brian E. Mennecke

George, Joey F [SCIS] jfgeorge at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:00:54 EDT 2016

Colleagues:

I am sorry to say that our friend and colleague Brian Mennecke has passed away.  Brian was a long-time professor of information systems at Iowa State University.  He was enjoying a vacation at his cabin in Michigan when he unexpectedly passed away on July 9.  He was 56 years old. He leaves behind his wife Joyce and their two children.

Brian earned his doctorate at Indiana University in Bloomington in 1993.  He taught at East Carolina University before coming to Iowa State in 1999.  He had been promoted to full professor this past spring.  Brian is best known for his research on geographic information systems and virtual worlds, and his most current research focused on issues related to privacy.  He mentored many students, in both the MIS and HCI programs at ISU.

Brian will be greatly missed.

Joey F. George

College of Business

Iowa State University