[AISWorld] From Influential Papers to Influential Ideas - The Discourse Continues - Part 2

Franco, Zeno zfranco at mcw.edu
Wed Jul 20 13:42:45 EDT 2016

Sign me up.  As a social scientist embedded in several CS communities, I often see your best and brightest struggle toward answering real world questions, but not supported by the discipline to do so.  I see presentation after presentation on models that have no bearing on reality, and criticism from other disciplines or practitioners is routinely dismissed.  We all need to be focused on solving real world problems, not publishing for its own sake.

Best,

Zeno

Zeno Franco, PhD
Assistant Professor
Family & Community Medicine
Center for Healthy Communities & Research
Clinical & Translational Science Institute
Medical College of Wisconsin
(414) 955-4372 (direct)