[AISWorld] From Influential Papers to Influential Ideas - The Discourse Continues - Part 2

Jan Recker j.recker at qut.edu.au
Wed Jul 20 18:32:52 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

I assume like many of you, I have been following the debate on this forum with interest and concern. At the same time, I am noting that we have had similar ISworld debates in the past. They tend to be well-known and well-engaged in whilst active but also soon forgotten after, even though many of the topics (such as this one) are persistent, perennial and recurring.

In his last post Samir suggested to start an online portal and perhaps a debate on the measurement of influence.
Our own Communications journal (CAIS) was always intended by Paul and those who followed him (including me) to be an outlet where such free flowing ideas, debates, discussions and conversations and other initiatives can take place. One such example is the aforementioned debate section (http://aisel.aisnet.org/cais/debate.pdf), but we are also happy to explore other options and formats. The benefit I would see is in having a moderated debate that can be made persistent and perhaps even ongoing, much like the topic itself. With an online outlet such as CAIS, this is certainly doable.

If there is some interest in exploring this idea, I will be happy to assist.

Jan
Editor in Chief, Communications of the Association for Information Systems