[AISWorld] FW: Most Influential Information Systems Papers - "pure science" value

TP Liang is.tpliang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:26:05 EDT 2016

Knowledge has been classified in different ways. Explicit vs Tacit
knowledge is different from deep vs surface (shallow) knowledge.
Explicit/tacit indicates the extent to which the knowledge can be clearly
described, while deep/surface indicates the level of abstraction of certain
knowledge. There is no conflict if a knowledge is deep and explicit (e.g.,
Einstein's theory) or surface and tacit (e.g., cooking).

T.P.