[AISWorld] WPI tenure-track position

Strong, Diane M dstrong at WPI.EDU
Thu Jul 21 18:18:24 EDT 2016

Worcester Polytechnic Institute: An exceptional opportunity

Tenure-track Assistant Professor Position in Information Systems

Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) invites applications, expressions of interest, and nominations for a full-time tenure-track faculty opening in Information Systems at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position has been approved by the Provost and will commence August 15, 2017.

Qualifications: To be considered, applicants should have a Ph.D. in Information Systems or Business Analytics. The ideal applicant will have research and teaching interests in data analytics and business intelligence, with research interests in social media, healthcare, or marketing/consumer analytics. Evidence of successful scholarship and relevant teaching experience is desirable.

Our Expectations: Our expectations are high and our support is exceptional. The successful candidate will teach a total of three courses during the academic year, most likely one undergraduate and two graduate level courses, and advise 1 or 2 undergraduate projects. Research, especially leading to publication in high quality refereed journals, is expected and supported, and grant applications are encouraged. Good communication and interpersonal skills are expected, as is an ability to work collaboratively within the Foisie School of Business and with the Data Science program.

The School of Business: The Foisie School of Business at WPI is AACSB accredited and also ABET accredited for our Industrial Engineering program. We are building a strong national reputation in technology-related business disciplines and fields. For example, the MBA program, the Entrepreneurship program, the undergraduate MIS program and the undergraduate operations program have all earned top-10 rankings. We offer four undergraduate majors (including an MIS major and a Business major with a concentration in Business Analytics), six master's degrees (including an M.S. in IT and the innovator's MBA), a Ph.D. program (with a concentration in IT), and cover all the functional areas of business plus Industrial Engineering. The School is a partner in the M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Data Science, along with Statistics and Computer Science. The Foisie School of Business offers faculty members an innovative educational environment, outstanding students, a collegial environment, and outstanding support for research and teaching.

The University: WPI is a selective private university with an innovative curriculum centered on engineering, science, technology, and business. WPI enrolls 4,100 undergraduates and 1,900 graduate students, and is known for its project-enriched curriculum that engages students and faculty in real-world problem solving. The culture at WPI lends itself to a range of successful collaborations across the campus.

The Location: WPI is located in Worcester, MA, New England's second largest city; the campus is surrounded by cultural and recreational opportunities. Worcester is approximately one hour from Boston and the ocean, and 30 minutes from alpine skiing. There are a large number of technology companies in the area, as well as 13 colleges and universities, making it ideal for dual career families; additionally, WPI is responsive to the needs of dual career families.

For Consideration: Interested parties should submit a letter of application, a current C.V., a research statement, and a teaching statement, ideally by August 1, 2016, and make arrangements for us to receive three letters of reference. Other supporting materials, such as teaching evaluations and published articles, are welcomed. Please submit all materials electronically at: http://careers.wpi.edu/postings/3654. We will interview prospective candidates at the 2016 AMCIS conference in San Diego. Application screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

Also find our posting in the AIS Placement database.

Diane M. Strong, Ph.D.
Professor and Director, MIS Program
Faculty Executive Council, Healthcare Delivery Institute (HDI)
Foisie School of Business
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280