[AISWorld] Question: What does intelligence mean in business intelligence?

mmora at securenym.net mmora at securenym.net
Tue Jul 26 18:44:11 EDT 2016

Well, in the MIS field another origin can be the concept of EIS proposed
by Prof. John Rockart (1978) at MIT on the first highly user friendly
intensive systems used directly by top management where internal and
external core information in both structured or non-structured form was
reported. This EIS concept evolved later in the BI concept with the
availability of new IT technology (data warehouse, dashboards, and OLAP
mechanisms).

On:
> BI did not originally incorporate CI or AI but it does so to some extent
> now.

We agree on it! Data mining emerged in the AI discipline in the 70s and
80s with induction data knowledge discovery mechanisms, so ... 40 years
later are incorporated in modern BI plus other additional mechanisms.