[AISWorld] ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF DECISION SCIENCES/BUSINESS ANALYTICS - Ithaca College

Narges Kasiri nkasiri at ithaca.edu
Tue Aug 16 17:19:14 EDT 2016

Ithaca College School of Business invites applications for a full-time, tenure-eligible Assistant/Associate Professor in Decision Sciences/Business Analytics to begin August 16, 2017. Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in Business Analytics and Operations Management as well as MBA courses in Sustainable Practices in Operations & Technology and analytics electives as needed. Teaching excellence, scholarly productivity, student advising, course assessment, and service to the Department of Management, School of Business, Ithaca College, and the profession are expected.

Qualifications
: Ph.D. in Business Analytics, Decision Science, or a closely related field. Appropriate scholarly research to establish or maintain AACSB Scholarly Academic (SA) qualification is required. ABD candidates with teaching experience and scholarly productivity may be considered. We prefer candidates who have a record of successful college teaching and who share our commitment to professional preparation within the context of an interdisciplinary and immersive liberal arts education. Preference will be given to candidates with publications in refereed journals, extensive knowledge of big data technologies and their application to business decision making, data visualization techniques, and sophisticated work experience in the analytics field. Ability to provide direction to a developing analytics program is a plus.

  College Introduction: At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. Our strategic plan, IC 20/20, positions us to offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.

We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.

We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.

When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.

Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.

To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at ithaca.edu<http://ithaca.edu/>.

Instructions for submitting your application:

Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a resume, cover letter, and the names of three references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.

Narges Kasiri, PhD
Assistant Professor of Management| School of Business
326 Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise

Ithaca College
953 Danby Road | Ithaca, NY 14850
607-274-7902 p | 607-274-1564 f
nkasiri at ithaca.edu<https://bl2prd0712.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=rtoEQuJl8kmTnT9BmDJCUPRN_XdIZtAI8h11QG50uARiy87caaocZrZ-SZhiZNcLcOu_MQzRBxg.&URL=mailto%3amfiorille%40ithaca.edu> | ithaca.edu/business<https://bl2prd0712.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=rtoEQuJl8kmTnT9BmDJCUPRN_XdIZtAI8h11QG50uARiy87caaocZrZ-SZhiZNcLcOu_MQzRBxg.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fithaca.edu%2fbusiness>