[AISWorld] 2016 SIGED Pre-ICIS Conference Registration Now Open

Rhonda Syler rhonda.syler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:01:35 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,
Greetings! Registration is now open for the *2016 SIGED: International
Conference on IS Education & Research* held each year immediately before
ICIS. We hope you will join us in Dublin on Saturday, December 10 from 8 to
6 p.m. and again on Sunday, December 11 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.  The
conference brings competitively selected peer-reviewed papers on
pedagogical, curricular, and administrative issues in addition to
tutorials, panel discussions, industry talks and demonstrations providing a
forum for researchers and educators to exchange ideas, techniques, and
applications in IS education.

In addition, as part of our mission to promote excellence in IS education
through practice and research, we are proud to sponsor as our final session
the launch of the proposed *MSIS 2016 Global Competency Model.* This
session will introduce the completed (pending AIS Council approval) version
of the MSIS 2016 global competency model to the members of the global IS
community and celebrate the IS community’s efforts to improve the quality
of graduate education.

This session will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday and is open to all AIS
attendees.

Other discussions will include a look into the *Eduglopedia* project
initiated by AIS VP of Education Jan vom Brocke. This project provides a
collaborative platform for IS educators to share resources and pedagogical
insights. The viability of this initiative is exciting and not something
you will want to miss.

For more information on the SIGED Pre-ICIS Conference on IS Education and
Research visit http://ais-siged.org/
<http://t.sidekickopen06.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XX43MxRHzN5v0H9WdnHT2W3LyyXR56dGk-f3xNln802?t=http%3A%2F%2Fais-siged.org%2F&si=4650490150256640&pi=558386a7-e10b-44e3-a61c-d80bf491b2a8>or
email Asli Akbulut at akbuluta at gvsu.edu.

To learn more about the MSIS 2016 Global Competency Model discussion
session, contact Rhonda Syler at rsyler at walton.uark.edu.

Hope to see you all in Dublin!

Rhonda

*Rhonda A. Syler, PhD*
*President,* AIS Special Interest Group on Education

Department of Information Systems
Sam M. Walton College of Business
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR  72701