[AISWorld] 2nd AIS Call for Teaching Cases & Text Books

vom Brocke Jan jan.vom.brocke at uni.li
Thu Sep 8 11:53:13 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues and friends

We would like to thank all of you who have already responded to our call.

As of today, we have been able to collect 63 teaching cases and 31 text books, which we find is an impressive account of educational resources already. With the help of Jan Recker, Heikki Topi, and Mary Granger, we were able to upload all CAIS teaching cases to EDUglopedia, and it is fascinating to see all this valuable knowledge coming together at one place.

Please register your work using the following link: http://www.eduglopedia.org

Work registered on EDUglopedia is more likely to be found and used by your fellow lecturers and students. You can use the system to increase the visibility, impact, and uptake of your work. The platform also allows for sharing articles, slides, MOOCs, webinars and alike -- and to promote courses and educational programs. So far, 2,754 courses in 610 programs from 379 institutions in 75 countries have been registered and made available.

Thank you very much for supporting this initiative.

Best regards
Jan vom Brocke

________________________________

2nd AIS CALL FOR TEACHING CASES & TEXTBOOKS

Have you written a teaching case or a textbook - and would you like others to use it?

The AIS intends to collect teaching cases and textbooks for Information Systems education and to make these resources available to the community via multiple channels. We have realized that there is a growing demand for recommendations on teaching cases and textbooks in various areas of IS education, and we believe that collecting such valuable resources would be highly beneficial.

Please note: Some cases and books are great resources for teaching even though they were not specifically written as teaching cases or text books. We explicitly welcome such resources, too, along side with your valued recommendation on how you use them in teaching.

REGISTER YOUR WORK

You can easily register your teaching cases and textbooks via the EDUglopedia platform, where links can be placed referring to the source of you work (e.g. on the AIS Library or on databases of journals and publishers). You can also use tags to indicate the topic areas you think your work can be used for teaching.

Please register your cases and books by September 15, 2016, using the link:

http://www.eduglopedia.org

PRESENTATION OF YOUR WORK

All teaching cases and textbooks will be available via the EDUglopedia platform once you register your work, and you will always be able to update and extend your entries. Once we have been able to collect a good amount of resources, AIS will also actively promote the collections via the AIS website and through AIS communication channels.

We intend to give greater visibility to your educational material as well as to support colleagues in enhancing their teaching through high-quality resources.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

All the very best
Jan vom Brocke

-
University of Liechtenstein,
Director, Institute of Information Systems,
http://www.uni.li/is

AIS - Association for Information Systems,
Vice President Education,
www.aisnet.org