[AISWorld] AMCIS 2017 Call for Minitracks

Traci Hess thess at isenberg.umass.edu
Wed Sep 21 00:01:07 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

We invite the submission of minitrack proposals to the 2017 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2017), which will be held on August 10-12, 2017 in Boston, MA. AMCIS 2017 brings together academics and industry professionals around the world to exchange knowledge related to the AMCIS 2017 theme, A Tradition of Innovation.

A Tradition of Innovation, reflects the program chairs' desire to strengthen and build consensus in existing research streams, while also taking on innovative theoretical or methodological challenges and exploring emerging technology opportunities.  Together, we will create an exciting program that draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and provides many opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue. We look forward to gathering with you in Boston to strengthen our roots and expand our opportunities in information systems, the digital economy and beyond.

Minitrack chairs will be responsible for (a) promoting their minitrack to generate manuscript submissions to AMCIS 2017; (b) soliciting and assigning reviewers for manuscripts submitted to the minitrack; (c) providing a summary report to authors based on reviews; (d) making recommendations to track chairs about each manuscript submitted to the minitrack; and (e) nominating best papers and reviewers. Important dates and activities are identified below and on the AMCIS 2017 website.

Those interested in submitting a minitrack need to identify a related track for their topic. For a list of AMCIS 2017 program tracks and descriptions, please visit: https://amcis2017.aisnet.org/submissions/track-descriptions/

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING MINITRACK PROPOSALS:

* Complete the Minitrack Proposal Template - http://amcis2017.aisnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/AMCIS-2017-MiniTrack-Proposal-Template.doc
* Email the Minitrack Proposal to the Track Chairs for the selected track AND to AMCIS2017.Program at gmail.com. Emails for the track chairs can be found in the track descriptions - https://amcis2017.aisnet.org/submissions/track-descriptions/.
* Use "AMCIS Minitrack Proposal" as your email subject.

Important Dates:
  *   20-September-2016: Submission begins for Minitrack Proposals
  *   17-October-2016: Deadline for Minitrack Proposals
  *   27-October-2016: Minitrack decisions are issued
  *   09-January-2017: ScholarOne opens for Completed and ERF paper submissions
  *   01-March-2017: ScholarOne closes for Completed and ERF paper submissions
  *   17-April-2017: Notification of initial decisions on Completed and ERF paper submissions

If you have any questions, please contact the program co-chairs or track chairs.

Eleanor Loiacono and Traci Hess
AMCIS 2017 Program Co-Chairs
Amcis2017.program at gmail.com
Eleanor Loiacono, eloiacon at wpi.edu
Traci Hess, thess at isenberg.umass.edu

Traci J. Hess, Ph.D.
Berthiaume Professor of Information Systems
Operations & Information Management
Isenberg School of Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst