[AISWorld] OSSCOM 2016 : The 2nd International Conference on Open Source Software Computing, 1 - 3 December 2016, Lebanese University, Lebanon
icics_cfp at just.edu.jo
Thu Sep 22 08:59:54 EDT 2016
The 2nd International Conference on Open Source Software Computing
1 - 3 December 2016, Lebanese University, Lebanon
Partially funded by EC - Tempus and technically sponsored by IEEE Objectives.
Call for Proposals/ Papers :
To promote opportunities for cooperation towards enabling OSS key technologies, building cross-cutting sciences, and driving disruptive innovations; to disseminate research on technology and applications of open source software computing; and to expand the framework of effective participation of universities in developing OSS industry through incubators and business accelerators.
Conference Venue: American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Topics of Interest
Track 1: Systems Software
- Operating systems: Linux Kernel, Server and Desktop Linux: RedHat, Debian, Slackware, Caldera, SuSe, Fedora.
- Distributed Operating systems: Open source platforms and software for the cloud platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Embedded and Realtime Operating systems: Microkernel, uC/OS, VxWorks, pSOS, OSEK, iRMX, QNX, RTLinux.
- Ubiquitous mobile computing and technologies: middleware, operating system (e.g. Android), new I/O and user interfaces, mobile protocols.
Track 2: Applications and services
- Open-source software services and applications in energy, environment, education, health, climate, water, agriculture, biology, economy, medicine and other pressing global issues. Open-source software for e-Services, including e-Government, e-Libraries, e-Learning and any e-*.
- Open-source software for Smart Education, Smart Cities, Smart Power Grids, Smart Transportation.
- Open Source applications for mobile and tablets.
Track 3: Networking, and security
- Open source network simulation/emulations tools.
- Open source platforms for network security deployment, testing and verification.
- Network and security open source management software.
Track 4: Open Source Development and Support
- Perspectives on open-source software development and services, including challenges, operation, sustainability, funding, governance, business models, and security.
- National, regional and international organizations and their role in funding and supporting open-source software applications in research and education.
- Collaborative projects and initiatives in research and education at national, regional and global levels.
- Research and education challenges and open access paradigm.
- Business models for open-source software development and services.
Track 5: Software Engineering
- Software Process Models and Process Improvement
- Software Architecture and Component-Based Software Engineering
- Software Verification and Validation and Software Impact Analysis
- Design Patterns and Frameworks
- Model Driven Architecture
- Modeling with UML and Reusable Software and Metrics
- Safety and Security in Critical Software
All papers will be peer-reviewed and selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings and made available through IEEE Explorer.
15th October, 2016 Submission Deadline (Papers, Posters and Presentations)
15th November, 2016 Registration Deadline
1 – 3 December, 2016 OSSCOM 2016 Conference
- Prof. Walid Karam, walidkaram at ieee.org
- Prof. Salem Al-Agtash, alagtash at gju.edu.jo
- Prof. Rainer Herpers, rainer.herpers at h-brs. de
- Dr. Mwaffaq Otoom, motoom at gmail.com
Proposals, Presentations and Program:
- Dr. Mohammad Aldaoud, mohammad.aldaoud at gju.edu.jo
- Dr. Sahel Alouneh, sahel.alouneh at gju.edu.jo
- Dr. Ismail Hababeh, ismail.hababeh at gju.edu.jo
- Dr. Ala Khalifeh, ala.khalifeh at gju.edu.jo
- Dr. Muhannad Quwaider, mqquwaider at just.edu.jo
- Dr. Yaser Jararweh, yijararweh at just.edu.jo
- Mr. Ramez Quneibi, rquneibi at tagorg.com
- Ms. Aseel Abu Khalil, aabukhalil at tagorg.com
All information is available at: http://osscom2016.osscom.org
Jordan University of Science and Technology accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
More information about the AISWorld