[AISWorld] Seeking applicants for IS Ph.D. program at UNC Greensboro

Lakshmi Iyer lsiyer at uncg.edu
Thu Sep 22 21:00:53 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues:

The Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management
<http://bryan.uncg.edu/isscm> at The University of North Carolina at
Greensboro (UNC Greensboro) is now accepting applications from highly
qualified applicants for its Ph.D. program in Information Systems (IS) for
Fall 2017.  The deadline for completed applications is January 31, 2017.
We anticipate admitting up to 5 students for Fall 2017.

Thank you for sharing this information with your Master's students who are
interested in applying for a Ph.D. program in IS or related field.

The Ph.D. in Information Systems at UNC Greensboro is designed to prepare
students primarily for careers as faculty in universities and colleges, and
also into research-oriented positions in non-academic organizations.  The
program is innovative in that it contains several components of a
mainstream Ph.D. program, where the focus is on developing theoretical and
empirical research skills, and is characterized by four distinctive
elements that enhance the traditional model. These are: a commitment to
practical relevance; an emphasis on producing quality teachers; a research
apprenticeship requirement; and interdisciplinary research. Although just
over a decade old, we have an excellent record of placing our graduates - *100%
so far* - in institutions including University of Delaware, University of
Toledo, Florida International University, and University of Wisconsin -
Milwaukee*. *For additional information about the program, faculty, current
students, and alumni can be obtained from the website: http://isphd.uncg.edu

The professors who teach in the Bryan School of Business and Economics are
world-class tenured/ tenure-track professionals whose teaching and research
interests include business analytics,  digital transformation of
businesses, virtual communities, social networks, IT in healthcare, global
information  technology management, supply chain management, social
inclusion and IT, technology implementation and diffusion,  and knowledge
management. Recent publications from the department have appeared in
*Information
Systems Research*, *Journal of Management Information Systems*, *Journal of
the Association for Information Systems*, *Decision Sciences*, *European
Journal of Information Systems*, *Communications of the ACM *and others.
The *Journal of Global Information Technology Management*
<http://www.uncg.edu/bae/jgitm/> is a journal housed and edited by a
renowned faculty in our department. Our faculty includes a Senior Editor
(SE) in *Decision Support System* and an Associated Editor (AE) for
*Information
& Management*. The doctoral students will have the opportunity to work with
the faculty including the editor, SE, and AE in understanding the reviewing
and publication process.

The program is primarily for full-time students. It is available to
students with master’s degrees in appropriate areas such as business,
computer science, public administration, engineering, or the social
sciences.* Full-time students will be awarded tuition-waiver and a graduate
assistantship* requiring 20 hours of work per week. Interested students can
apply online:
https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=uncgr-g

For additional information about the Ph.D. program in Information Systems,
applicants can contact:

Lakshmi S. Iyer, Ph.D.
ISSCM Graduate Programs Director
Information Systems & Supply Chain Management (ISSCM)
Bryan School of Business and Economics (BAE)
435 Bryan Building
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402
Email: Lsiyer at uncg.edu; Phone: 336/334-4984; Fax: 336/334-5580

Lsiyer.wp.uncg.edu <http://lsiyer.wp.uncg.edu/>

or

Ms. Malinda Spencer, MPA

Program Coordinator/Recruiter

Information Systems and Supply Chain Management

Bryan School of Business and Economics

440 Bryan Building, P.O. Box 26170

Greensboro, NC  27402-6170

Email:  mfspence at uncg.edu