[AISWorld] Post-ICIS SIGSI Workshop: Speakers and Panelists announced / Submit your 1-page "research Ideas"

Carter, Michelle michelle.carter at wsu.edu
Mon Sep 26 15:19:10 EDT 2016

2nd Post-ICIS SIGSI research workshop 2016, in Dublin, Ireland: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 1:30 pm - 7:00 pm
SPEAKERS/PANELISTS ANNOUNCED / SUBMIT YOUR 1-PAGE RESEARCH IDEAS (see below for more details)
*** Background ***
All forms of oppression are connected. They are connected by common elements of power and control ranging from harsh to insidious-from violence and death to norms of exclusion and inherited privilege. It is this connectivity, consequence, and subtly of oppression that fuels social inclusion (SI) research. SI provides a wide-angle lens through which we can understand the social acceptance and support of people with diverse identities, including gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic status, and disability.
*** Workshop Theme: Social Inclusion at the Crossroads ***
Following the general conference theme, the 2016 SIGSI workshop theme is "social inclusion at the crossroads". Crossroads reflect an Irish tradition; it is a place between communities were people gather to meet, share, and celebrate. Social inclusion at the crossroads unites disparate perspectives, research disciplines, methods and values, for social justice.
*** Workshop Highlights ***
The workshop will involve examination of crossroad issues via paper presentation, roundtable discussions, panels, and speakers.  It is not necessary to submit a paper or a research idea in order to attend the workshop.
Keynote speaker:  AIS President Jason Thatcher (Clemson University)
Panel: Cathy Urquhart (Manchester Metropolitan University); Andreas Eckhardt (German Graduate School of Management & Law), Deborah J. Armstrong (Florida State University)
Incoming Editor-in-Chiefs of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, Stacie Petter (Baylor University) and Tom Stafford (Louisiana Tech University), will be available at the workshop to discuss publication opportunities.
*** Call for 1-page "Research Ideas" ***
We invite colleagues to submit 1-page "research ideas" that focus on the workshop theme of social inclusion at the crossroads. These could be (but are not limited to):
a.       An idea that someone is contemplating but not yet started
b.       An idea that is being developed or cutting edge research topic that the author(s) would like feedback on
c.       An idea that the author(s) are seeking collaborators for
Page limit: 1 page (including problem statement, research question, proposed methodology or approach), plus references
Submissions Deadline: Friday, October, 28th 2016.
Research ideas will be reviewed by the workshop co-chairs. Notification of acceptance or rejection:  Friday, November 4, 2016
Papers should be submitted electronically to: sigsocialinclusion at gmail.com<mailto:sigsocialinclusion at gmail.com>. Questions regarding submissions should be directed to Hala Annabi at hpannabi at uw.edu<mailto:hpannabi at uw.edu>
Author registration deadline: Friday, November 18, 2016. At least one author must register and attend the workshop, if the research idea is accepted.
***Registration***

You can register now for the workshop through the ICIS website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__icis2016.aisnet.org_registration_&d=DQIGaQ&c=C3yme8gMkxg_ihJNXS06ZyWk4EJm8LdrrvxQb-Je7sw&r=5OBYLOozCP6x_ksC4tY775xvLLT64jLvSHJmwzZiFiY&m=rPDmpqGuoD4PR_0SBUrmjvd5X3e_xqvRDNkvDsmtb4Y&s=LoaJE1CaIAkHU7kFbb4IgGZuvdyRSq9Ze1Sf64OCrgM&e=

Until Oct. 4th, early bird registration fees (in US Dollars) are: AIS Member*, $75; AIS Student*, $25; AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $100.

After Oct. 4th, regular fees are: AIS Member*, $85; AIS Student*, $30; AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $110.

>From Dec. 1st and onsite registration: AIS Member*, $100; AIS Student*, $35; AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $125.

The registration fee is inclusive of coffee/tea and biscuits, dinner, and flash drive.  Registration fees include one-year SIGSI membership ($10 annual fee) for AIS Members and AIS Student Members only.

***Sponsors***

SIGSI greatly appreciates sponsorship from the Information School at the University of Washington to subsidize student registration and flash drives used for the proceedings.

***Workshop Committee***

For information contact the 2016 workshop committee:
Hala Annabi hpannabi at uw.edu
Michelle Carter michelle.carter at wsu.edu
Lakshmi Iyer lsiyer at uncg.edu
Jaime Windeler jaime.windeler at uc.edu

--
Michelle Carter
Assistant Professor

President, AIS SIG Social Inclusion (SIG SI)

phone: 404-428-6463
email:  michelle.carter at wsu.edu<mailto:mscarter at uw.edu>
skype:  michellecart
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-carter-wsu<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-carter-wsu>