[AISWorld] 9th International Conference on PLS and Related Methods (PLS'17)

Jose Luis Roldan jlroldan at us.es
Tue Sep 27 03:17:00 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

PLS’17 will take place on June 17th-19th, 2017 in Macau (China), organized by Macau University of Science and Technology (http://www.must.edu.mo). The final date for abstract submission will be December 17th 2016. PLS’17 will provide the following programs for attendees.

Workshops
After a return to the origins of structural equation modeling (SEM), the PLSPM algorithm will be presented. A methodology to interpret results will then be suggested on the basis of real life cases. The training session will be illustrated by applications using XLSTAT. This 2-day event will focus on both algorithm practice (first day) and model assessment (second day).

Conference sessions
Methodological contribution and related method applications will be discussed. Now we have a session run by Prof. T. Ramayah, scholars from Malaysia will discuss PLS Path Modeling and PLS application on business research. Gabriel Cepeda and Jose L. Roldan will run a session “PLS en Español”, scholars from Spain and Iberoamerica will discuss PLS path modeling papers. Another session will be run by Prof. Ivan Lai, scholars from HK and Macau will discuss PLS applications on tourism and environmental studies. More sessions will be organized later.

Round table discussions
We will have opportunities to have extensive discussions on publication, career, etc. with highly-cited scholars in a small range. Selected Papers will be recommended and published at Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050, IF=1.343) or Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220, IF=2.033). We are working on more opportunities to get the conference submissions published on SSCI or SCIE journals.
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/special_issues/modern_statistical_techniques

Experience sharing and career opportunities
Top management from universities in Macau and Zhuhai (Guangdong, China) will attend and share the working experiences. Scholars who are interested in career opportunities in Macau or Zhuhai are welcome to attend this session.
More information will be found on http://www.pls17.org. We are looking forward to seeing you in Macau next year.

Yide Liu, Ph.D.
PLS'17 Local Chair
Associate Professor
School of Business
Macau University of Science and Technology
Direct Line: (+853) 88972862
Email: ydliu at must.edu.mo
Office: A406b