[AISWorld] Faculty Positions at University College London in Big-Data Analytics and Information Systems

Bilal Gokpinar b.gokpinar at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 06:16:35 EDT 2016

The UCL School of Management invites applications for tenure-track or
tenured positions in Big-Data Analytics and Information Systems with an
anticipated start date 1st September 2017.

We are looking for candidates with strong research potential (or
demonstrated excellence for senior candidates) in Big-Data Analytics and
Information Systems. We are particularly interested in candidates with a
quantitative focus on emerging business problems in information technology,
business analytics, digital strategy, social media, among others.
Candidates are expected to publish articles in top management journals such
as Information Systems Research, Management Science, MIS Quarterly, among
others. We encourage both junior and senior applications with a PhD in
Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Successful
candidates are expected to teach Analytics and Information Systems courses
in our undergraduate, Masters and PhD programs.

The UCL School of Management is a thriving business school based in London
with strong emphasis on research. Salary is competitive with US business
schools, and research facilities and support are excellent. The teaching
load is light and designed to maximize research time. The School’s
“world-leading” research was ranked joint first among UK business schools
in the last UK REF (Research Excellence Framework) evaluation. Besides the
main UCL Bloomsbury campus, the School just opened its Canary Wharf campus
in the heart of London financial district. UCL is one of the world’s top
research universities, with a consistent ranking in the top 20 of the
world’s best universities, and ranked 1st in the UK for research strength.
Academic staff and former students of UCL have won 29 Nobel Prizes.

To apply for this position, please submit a curriculum vitae, a research
statement, up to two research papers, and three letters of recommendation
to: apply.interfolio.com/37266 by October 28, 2016. Senior candidates could
only submit a cover letter with an expression of interest and a recent CV.

If you have questions about the application process, please contact Dee
Chambers <dee.chambers at ucl.ac.uk>.

Bilal GOKPINAR
Assistant Professor and Programme Director (PhD) | UCL School of Management
| mgmt.ucl.ac.uk
mgmt.ucl.ac.uk/people/bilalgokpinar | +44 (0)20 3108 6029