[AISWorld] Call for Associate Deans for Research birds-of-a-feather session at ICIS

Kevin G Crowston crowston at syr.edu
Sat Oct 1 20:30:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Having just been appointed Associate Dean for Research, I was in search of others with whom to commiserate, when I learned that Jeff Nickerson was also just appointed. We know there are more, and more experienced, ADRs in the IS community.

We propose to have an Associate Deans for Research birds-of-a-feather session at ICIS, Monday evening, 6:30 pm, December 12, Dublin. This session will provide an informal venue for ADRs, present and past, to compare notes on research funding, teaching loads, summer support journal lists, and, more generally, how to encourage impactful research.