[AISWorld] Assistant Professor Position at IESE Business School

Gregory, Robert Wayne RWGregory at iese.edu
Tue Oct 4 04:35:17 EDT 2016

Information Systems Department
IESE Business School
The Information Systems department at IESE Business School is recruiting for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level starting September 2017. We are looking for a candidate with a potential to conduct high impact-high quality research and teach in a challenging international environment at the MBA and executive levels.
IESE Business School is currently ranked #1 in the world for Executive Education by the Financial Times and has been consistently ranked among top global business schools for MBA and executive programs. The school has campuses in Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, New York, and São Paulo. The Information Systems Department and the current position are based in Barcelona. For more information about the school, visit www.iese.edu.
Research conducted by the department faculty focuses on the broad theme of digital transformation. Specific topics include the impact of digitalization on business models, digital innovation, digital business strategy, IoT and big data, crowdsourcing, consumerization, as well as organizational challenges in managing digital transformation.
Department faculty have published in leading academic and practitioner outlets such as Management Information Systems Quarterly, Information Systems Research, MIT Sloan Management Review, European Journal of Information Systems, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Communications of the ACM, and more.
We seek individuals who can strengthen and extend the research focus of the group. Cross-departmental and interdisciplinary research projects are also common and highly encouraged. For more information about the current IESE faculty and their research, see http://www.iese.edu/en/faculty-research/
IESE Business School is committed to general management perspective and, therefore, our teaching focuses on business rather than technical aspects of digital and information technologies. The case method underlies the teaching philosophy of the school and an ideal candidate will have the desire and capability to master the art and science of discussion-based learning.
Qualifications: A doctorate degree in management information systems or related field must be completed or near completion. We will also consider applicants with a doctorate degree in any business discipline or economics if their research has a strong emphasis on digital technology and its impact on people, organizations, and markets.
Application Instructions: Apply online: https://apply.interfolio.com/38369 Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, job market paper and further samples of your research.
We will be conducting interviews at the ICIS conference in December. Please state your availability for the conference in the letter of application.