[AISWorld] LSE Podcast

Land,F F.Land at lse.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 04:24:36 EDT 2016

Dear AIS member

I thought you might be interested in the following:

I am writing to you now to tell you of an event relevant to IS History.  Last Friday (14th October) Eric Schmidt, Executive Chair of Alphabet came to the LSE at the invitation of the Department of Management and the LEO Computers Society to engage in an hour long conversation with Professor Chrisanthi Avgerou and the audience.  The event filled LSE's largest auditorium and is now Podcast on http://www.lse.ac.uk/newsAndMedia/videoAndAudio/channels/publicLecturesAndEvents/player.aspx?id=3612

The title of Eric's presentation was  "From LEO to DeepMind: Britain's computing pioneers"

Best wishes
Frank Land