[AISWorld] Academic Positions - Swinburne University of Technology, Australia

This is the AISWorld List Server aisworld at lists.aisnet.org
Mon Nov 7 19:56:33 EST 2016

Swinburne Business School – Academic positions in Information Systems

As a university with a tradition steeped in innovation, Swinburne has a track record of generating knowledge and ideas that translate into real outcomes. Engagement with industry and the community has always been a part of Swinburne’s story. Swinburne University of Technology is situated in Melbourne, Australia.

As part of the Faculty of Business and Law at Swinburne, Swinburne Business School is committed to delivering excellent education courses, quality research with impact and engagement activities with deep industry connections. Entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership underpin all of our activities and infuse our undergraduate and postgraduate programs and research. We are committed to advancing business innovation and social impact through our career-ready graduates and our industry-engaged research.

Swinburne Business School currently has vacancies across all academic levels and disciplines but is particularly seeking interest from suitable candidates in Information Systems.  Swinburne offers:

▪         Competitive salaries plus generous staff benefits including 17% superannuation
▪         Ongoing positions that are based at our Hawthorn campus just 7 km from Melbourne city centre

Academic positions available include:

Professors / Associate Professors (Academic Level E/D)
(Preferably with an interest in Health Information Systems or Business Analytics)

Senior Lecturers (Academic Level C)

Lecturers (Academic Level B)

Benefits
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits including 17% employer superannuation contributions. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.

To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/

The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.

We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride at Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.

How to apply
If you have the qualifications and credentials to deliver excellence in education and industry engaged and impactful research, please lodge your resume here<https://swinjobs.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=87AC20FF-61C8-424E-AEB5-A68200FA7F62&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=F785AF71%2D0F15%2D4AFF%2DAFB2%2D9DB401359086&JobListID=1e31354d%2Dae80%2D9f9> . Clearly identify in a covering letter the academic level(s) of interest to you and how you meet the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the relevant Position Description.

Expressions of interest remain open until 31 March 2017 OR until available positions are filled.

If you require further information, please contact Professor Rosemary Stockdale on  +61 3 9214 4529 or by email at rstockdale at swin.edu.au

Position number: SWINACA