[AISWorld] AMCIS 2017 in Boston MA - Call for Papers

Traci Hess thess at isenberg.umass.edu
Thu Dec 1 16:44:06 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues:

We invite the submission of Completed Research papers and Emergent Research Forum (ERF) papers to the 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2017), which will be held August 10-12, 2017 in Boston, MA (http://amcis2017.aisnet.org).

TIMELINE
    09-January-2017: ScholarOne opens for submissions
    01-March-2017 1:00 PM EST (13:00): Submissions are due
    17-April-2017: Notification of initial decision

AMCIS brings together academics and industry professionals around the world to exchange knowledge related to the AMCIS 2017 theme, A Tradition of Innovation.  A Tradition of Innovation, reflects the conference committee's desire to strengthen and build consensus in existing research streams, while also taking on innovative theoretical or methodological challenges and exploring emerging technology opportunities.  Together, we will create an exciting program that draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and provides many opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue. We look forward to gathering with you in Boston to strengthen our roots and expand our opportunities in information systems, the digital economy and beyond.

COMPLETED RESEARCH PAPERS

Completed Research papers must describe completed research and be submitted to a track/minitrack where they will be peer-reviewed using a double blind system. If accepted, Completed Research papers will be presented in a session, which consists of three or four papers. Completed (full) Research papers must not exceed 10 pages (approx. 5,000 words, including figures, tables, references, and appendices) and must conform to the AMCIS 2017 submission template. Full papers that are accepted will be published in their entirety in the conference proceedings.

EMERGENT RESEARCH FORUM (ERF) PAPERS

Emergent Research Forum (ERF) papers are a research in progress option that was introduced at AMCIS 2015. Like completed research, ERF papers will be submitted to a track/minitrack for double blind review. Accepted ERF papers will be presented by the authors in a slam presentation session (limited to 3 minutes) during the program as well as a poster. Both the slam presentation and the poster are required. ERF paper submissions must not exceed 5 pages (approx. 2,500 words, including figures, tables, references, and appendices) and must conform to the AMCIS 2017 submission template. Authors of accepted ERF papers may submit an abstract for the proceedings OR a revised paper.

Other Types of Submissions

The AMCIS 2017 Conference is accepting the following types of submissions. Please see - http://amcis2017.aisnet.org/submissions/types-of-submissions/ for more information.

- Completed Research, due 01-March-2017 1:00 PM EST (13:00)
- Emergent Research Form (ERF), due 01-March-2017 1:00 PM EST (13:00)
- Workshops and Tutorials, due 03-April-2017
- Panels, due 03-April-2017
- Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) Talk Sessions, due 25-April-2017
- Professional Development Symposia (PDS), due 25-April-2017

We look forward to receiving your submissions. Please contact us or the relevant track/minitrack chairs with any questions or concerns.
Eleanor & Traci
Eleanor Loiacono and Traci Hess
AMCIS 2017 Program Co-Chairs
Amcis2017.program at gmail.com