[AISWorld] Tenure track faculty positions, Fox School of Business, Temple University

Munir Mandviwalla mandviwa at temple.edu
Thu Dec 8 09:35:55 EST 2016

The Department of Management Information Systems (MIS) in the Fox School of
Business at Temple University invites applications for one, and possibly two
open-rank tenure-track faculty positions beginning Fall 2017. The
position(s) may be filled at a more senior level for qualified candidates
with tenure upon appointment. These positions are part of our overall growth
plan of hiring four faculty members in the next few years. MIS at Temple has
a bold vision and mission (please see below), and we invite colleagues who
are interested in this ambitious view of the discipline to join us. We are
seeking candidates with a strong record of scholarship or demonstrated
ability to publish in premier IS journals, such as Management Information
Systems Quarterly (MISQ) and Information Systems Research (ISR).

Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank and qualifications. The
positions are subject to final budgetary approval. Applications should
include a cover letter and (a) full curriculum vitae, (b) a brief statement
of current and future research interests, (c) evidence of excellence in
research, such as journal publications or working papers and (d) the names
and contact information of three references. We only review **electronic**
submissions. Please do not send paper submissions, they cannot be reviewed.
Please send all materials electronically to: Munir Mandviwalla (Department
Chair), at mandviwa at temple.edu <mailto:mandviwa at temple.edu>

The vision of MIS at Fox is to be a worldwide leader in transformative
research and teaching on the design, use, and effects of information
technology in a digital world. In research, our mission is to produce
knowledge that fundamentally transforms the design and use of information
technology by integrating multi-disciplinary perspectives. In teaching, our
mission is to prepare a diverse and changing population for a life-long
pursuit of learning, leadership, and success with information technology in
a connected world. We are particularly interested in colleagues who have a
deep understanding of information technology and reflect that understanding
in their research and teaching.

MIS faculty regularly publish in top journals such as MISQ and ISR. We are
connected to industry and work on applied projects with our network of
corporate partners associated with the Institute for Business and
Information Technology (IBIT). The MIS department offers undergraduate,
masters, and doctoral programs in information systems including a very
successful required course in MIS for all business students and a university
wide data science course. MIS at Fox is a free standing department that
embraces and demonstrates the vision of IT playing a major role in higher
education and in business. Fox MIS is also a major contributor to the
discipline with faculty in leadership roles in major conferences, editorial
positions, and in national initiatives such as the IS Job Index and National
Cyber Analyst Challenge, as well as the forthcoming AmerisourceBergen
Analytics Challenge.

In 2016, U.S. News and World Report ranked the Fox BBA in MIS in the Top 15
and the Fox graduate programs in Information Systems in the Top 15. The
graduate programs include the highly successful MS in IT auditing and
cyber-security and online MS Digital Innovation in Marketing. Fox MIS
faculty were ranked #1 in the world for research productivity in top IS
journals for the 2013-2015 period.

The Fox School mission statement includes a focus on three driving forces of
the economy: globalization, information technology (IT), and
innovation/entrepreneurship. The Fox School programs are among the best in
the world and are highly ranked by the Financial Times, The Economist, U.S.
News and World Report, Forbes, Princeton Review, and Computerworld. The
Online MBA program was ranked #1 two years in a row by U.S. News and World
Report. The Princeton Review has consistently rated the Temple campus as one
of the most connected in the nation. The Fox School is one of the few
institutions worldwide that have sustained a long-term commitment to invest
in and grow MIS.

Temple University is located in Philadelphia, serves about 39,000 students,
and is one of the three major state-related, research universities in
Pennsylvania and is the 5th largest provider of professional education in
the U.S.. Established in 1918, the Fox School of Business is the largest,
most comprehensive business school in the Greater Philadelphia region, and
among the largest in the world with close to 9,000 students, more than 200
full-time faculty and more than 65,000 alumni. Additional information is
available at: http://www.temple.edu, http://www.fox.temple.edu, and
http://community.mis.temple.edu/ and http://ibit.temple.edu/

Temple University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
specifically invites and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains
statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be
found at: www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
<http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/%3chttp:/www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/>
<http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/. You may request a copy of the report by
calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.

Munir Mandviwalla

Associate Professor and Chair of MIS

Executive Director, Institute for Business and Information Technology

Fox School of Business, Temple University

mandviwa at temple.edu <mailto:mandviwa at temple.edu> , 215.204.5617

http://community.mis.temple.edu/mmandviwalla