[AISWorld] EXTENDED DEADLINE: February 15th The Dark Side of Social Media International Workshop -May 16th 2017 PSB School of Business Paris

Hajer Kefi hajer.kefi at parisdescartes.fr
Mon Jan 16 01:24:49 EST 2017

Dear all,
Best wishes for the new year !

Due to mutiple requests the deadline for the submission of abstracts for
our international workshop about 'the dark side of social media' has been
extended to *February 15th 2017. *

Please do not hesitate to send me an email (hajer.kef at gmail.com) to tell me
about your project and if you have any question about our workshop.
Best regards
For the organizing committee

> [...]
> settings, in which social media pervasive usage might contribute to
> jeopardize systems security (Sokolova et al., 2016), disrupt work habits
> and impoverish individual performance via information overload,
> technostress and fatigue (Kefi et al., 2015; Kefi et al., 2016; Maier et
> al., 2015). Larger effects include enabling racism, terrorism and
> cyber-crime (Dean et al., 2012).
>
> This workshop focuses on these ‘dark’ effects of social media. The level
> of analysis is the individual, group, organization or the society as a
> whole, when those actors are interacting with the platforms, services and
> emerging technological artifacts commonly known as social media (Kaplan &
> Haenlein, 2010).
>
> *TOPICS OF INTEREST *
>
> We welcome submissions form diverse domains including (amidst others)
> sociology, psychology, marketing, human resources, computer science, etc.
> All methodological approaches are equally appreciated, including
> qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodologies, conceptual building and
> design science. We are expecting submissions that address (but are not
> limited to) the following topics:
>
> Information atrophy
>
> Information overload
>
> Social networking fatigue
>
> Addiction and dependence
>
> Technostress, anxiety and depression
>
> Privacy by usage
>
> Privacy by design
>
> Data leakage
>
> Digital divide
>
> Cybercrime
>
> Information security
>
> Social media and channel conflict
>
> Co-destruction of value in social media
>
> Employee misconduct in social media and bad practices
>
> Negative word-of-mouth
>
> Big data social media analytics abuse
>
> Bad buzz effect
>
> *IMPORTANT DATES*
>
> Submissions deadline extended to  February 15th, 2017
>
> Notification: February 25th, 2017
>
> Final manuscripts: March 5th, 2017
>
> Workshop: May 16th, 2017
>
> *PROCEDURE AND AUTHORS GUIDELINES*
>
> Submissions consist of complete researches (up to 5000 words) or
> researches in progress (up to 3000 words) including title, abstract, 3-5
> keywords, figures, tables and references (DIN A4, 12pt Times New Roman,
> single spaced). No specific template is provided. The manuscripts should be
> submitted as email attachments to the following address:
> hajer.kefi at gmail.com with the subject heading "Dark Side of Social Media
> 2017”. The workshop will follow a scientific procedure with selection of
> submitted papers through peer-review (pursued by an international program
> committee). A selection of best papers addressing Global Management
> information systems (MIS) issues will be proposed to JGTIM. Selected non
> –MIS papers will be proposed to a refereed international journal (to be
> announced soon). There will be a moderate workshop fee covering catering.

*KEYNOTE SPEAKER *